• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

THE ROBIN HOOD

johnedward

master brummie
HI
LOVE THE PHOTO'S OF ALL THE OLD PUBS BUT DOLLYFERRET PUTS THE ROBIN HOOD IN ACOCKS GREEN YET AS I REMEMBER THE ROBIN HOOD 40 YEARS AGO IT WAS IN HALL GREEN JUST OFF THE ISLAND AND CLOSE TO THE OLD POLICE STATION I LIVED IN ACOCKS GREEN AND I COULDN'T PLACE IT. SHAME THE SITE IS LOCKED :tickedoff: :tickedoff: DOLLYFERRET WAS DOING A STIRLING JOB WITH THE CAMERA. I DON'T KNOW IF THEY ARE STILL AROUND BUT IN HALL GREEN THE GOSPEL OAK AND JUST DOWN THE ROAD THE MOONRAKER OLD HAUNTS HAPPY DAYS :) :) :)
JOHN

you are right john ,its hall green.will have a look for the other 2 as got to pick up moms specs from on the island

The topic was locked while I updated, I made a mistake, I'm getting quite forgetful and didnt unlock it after. I wonder why no-one told me?

The robin hood is still there its now a toby all the rooms have been knocked into one big one. and there is a motel on the side. The moon Raker was demolished 10 years ago its now housing. The gospel Oak is now called the Oak.

Was in the Robin Hood a couple of months ago,they do a superb carvery. :chef:

Angie i find with all Toby Inns it depends on what time you go. Good when they are quiete, not so good when they are busy

What a blast from my past this thread is I can remember the Gospel Oak, Moonraker, Robin Hood,the 3 magpies, the Dolphin in Acocks Green. I can also remember a working mens club type of place on Langley Hall Road - it backed onto the golf course / a brook where there used to be some sort of pond? I lived around there in my teens and remember the area well.

Back