• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Olive Branch

maypolebaz

master brummie
One of the reasons I recently joined this site was because I have a photo of the gravestone of an Edwin Dodd, "of The Olive Branch, Birmingham". The photo was taken in Crewe.

Having used the search engine I've confirmed that it WAS a pub.

Also on the headstone is a memorial to a son who was killed at Arnhem.

If anyone would like a copy let me know.

baz.

Edwin was at the Olive Branch from some date between 1933 and 1935 till sometime between 1940 and 1943

Olive Branch,192 Adderley Road, Saltley, Birmingham, B8 1EG, not far from the old Saltley Railway Deopt. Still there to this day i think

A couple of photos of the olive Branch, one taken in the 1930's and another later one which I can only assume is much more recent. The pub I remember looked like the later one, but it was still a pub and still called the Olive Branch.

Phil

SaltleyOliveBranchAdderleyRd1930.jpg
SaltleyTheOliveBranchAdderleyRd.jpg

Back