• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Old Bike Factory, Nechells, 1899

Rosary_Boy

master brummie
Few photos I took before its knocked down as cant see it being left to stand any longer, built in 1899
just off Jennens road Nechells Birmingham.

Attachments

• DSC05116JPG.jpg
    DSC05116JPG.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
  • DSC05137JPG.jpg
    DSC05137JPG.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • DSC05140JPG.jpg
    DSC05140JPG.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
  • DSC05141JPG.jpg
    DSC05141JPG.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
  • DSC05142JPG.jpg
    DSC05142JPG.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
  • DSC05143JPG.jpg
    DSC05143JPG.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
  • DSC05158JPG.jpg
    DSC05158JPG.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
  • DSC05161JPG.jpg
    DSC05161JPG.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
  • DSC05165JPG.jpg
    DSC05165JPG.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 25
  • DSC05166JPG.jpg
    DSC05166JPG.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • DSC05172JPG.jpg
    DSC05172JPG.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
  • DSC05176JPG.jpg
    DSC05176JPG.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • DSC05181JPG.jpg
    DSC05181JPG.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • DSC05184JPG.jpg
    DSC05184JPG.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
As I understood it was going to renovated and converted for other use, when did the plans change as I assumed this building or rather what was left of it was listed.

As I understood it was going to renovated and converted for other use, when did the plans change as I assumed this building or rather what was left of it was listed.

phil as you and i both know being a listed building does not always mean it is safe from demo but like you my understanding was that this old factory was to be incorporated into some other use work was meant to start in 2010 but i think it fell victim to a fire so maybe plans have now stopped..will try and find out if this still holds...good photos rosary boy...link below to an old report

lyn

Last edited:
am just thinking this but I cant see how they can save this with all that free land I bet it goes and apartments or flats for sure, our history is hardly saved today !

phil as you and i both know being a listed building does not always mean it is safe from demo but like you my understanding was that this old factory was to be incorporated into some other use work was meant to start in 2010 but i think it fell victim to a fire so maybe plans have now stopped..will try and find out if this still holds...good photos rosary boy...link below to an old report

lyn
great news if they sick too it

lyn
Astoness, this building will not last I spent nearly an hour inside itsd on its way out, I just cant see how they can save this the answer set it on fire make it unsafe so we can knock it down and build ££££££.
good photos rosary boy. thanks mate ;)

i agree rosary boy...before the fire they stood a chance of saving it but the way it looks now i find it hard to imagine that it can now be saved...we shall see

lyn
ive spent a lot of years taking photos round my city and the number of our history buildings that have gone is shocking by fire etc all down too the people with £££££ who wana build, over the last 25 years ive taken over 30000 photos round our city the changes are unreal and sad ! :(

Last edited:
Back