• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Last Day of the Birmingham Built Metrobus in Coventry 7 July 2009

horsencart

master brummie
1979-2009 30 years of public service in Coventry

7 July 2009 was the last day that the Birmingham built Metrobus ran in Coventry in the first film you will see the bus on route and in the bus garage (Wheatley St) Coventry

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqGkrEpdLxA&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Last Day of Coventry Metrobuses 4 July 2009 Part One[/ame]

in the second film you will see a very old tradition in that the bus is pulled into the garage this is done when there is a driver who is retiring or as in this case the the bus type has come to the end of its working life for NEWM
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmARH2l5Xxg&feature=channel"]YouTube - Last Day of Coventry Metrobuses 4 July 2009 Part Two[/ame]

Sad to see these reliable local built buses now at the end of their days at TWM garages. All others still at work are expected to be withdrawn on the last day of August next.

Sad to see these reliable local built buses now at the end of their days at TWM garages. All others still at work are expected to be withdrawn on the last day of August next.

I do hope that when the last day does come arround for the Metrobus that N.E.W.M. tells the public that it is going to happen, I only found out about the Coventry last day by word of mouth I did e-mail N.E.W.M. to get more information on the last Coventry day, I never got a reply, I can understand that they do not wish to be sued should anything happen at the garage,

The latest I hear again by word of mouth that Acocks Green Garage may or may not be holding a belated 80th birthday party.

Bammot, Brilliant videos, but with respect could`nt the copyright notice be at the bottom of the video?. Len.

Back