• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Bell Marston Green.

robert

master brummie
After being sold at auction, The Bell is to become an Indian resturant, called the Ginger Tree.

Can't believe The Old Bell will not be a pub anymore. I live just up the road from there and hadn't heard anything about this before I read it on here. I hope it survives better than the Chestnut Tree did on Sheldon Heath Road and the Comet Pub at Hodge Hill. We just seem to be losing all our old pubs these days. Still haven't got over the Clock at Bickenhill and the Wagon And Horses being demolished. Guess I just like memories of the olden days.

When I see the state of the White Horse Cellars on Constitution Hill and Handsworth's Endwood I think they might better be demolished than be left in such sorry conditions.:bi_polo:

Back