• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Thankyou Eric

Shera

true brummie
I am thrilled to bits today to be the owner of one of Erics (Cookies) original paintings.

Eric came to visit me this morning and brought me this picture of Gas Street Basin. It is in a lovely frame but I cant take the photo in the frame because of the reflection. It was great to see Eric and the picture is beautiful. Thank you so much

Shera, you must be thrilled with such a beautiful and typical Brum work from Eric, I'll bet it'll get pride of place in your home, Graham.

Chris what a lovely painting. Where are you going to hang it [and don't say on your wall]?. Jean.

That painting is so beautifull Shera & Eric. It may well be that in time to come on a future BHF type forum people will be asking who the Birmingham painter was & where can they see more of his work. Keep up the good work, Eric.

ahh chris..so you have also been blessed by one of erics wonderfull paintings....well done eric you have such a great talent and just to let you know the one you did for me of my vine inn still and always will take pride of place in my living room...

lyn..

Another wonderful piece of work Eric! Shera I am glad someone had done something for you as you help so many.......thats why I love this forum people are so kind!

hi all, the picture is up in my living room in a beautiful gold frame. im so chuffed to have it. erics a very talented artist and a lovely person too.

Chris, what a beautiful painting and how kind of Eric to give it to you. I love looking at Erics paintings and now you can look at one everyday!

I am so happy for you Chris - you are aways helping others (especially me!).
Eric you are so talented and very kind.

Polly :)

Gas_St_Basin_(2).jpg
Thank you all for kind remarks, although I do not exhibit anymore due to my age (it takes a lot of energy and stamina chasing round galleries country wide) and at 80 I simply do not have that amount of energy, but I still love painting. Have now done 23 paintings for Forum members and have enjoyed doing every one, I especially like delivering them and meeting the member, living by myself its nice to visit people. If any one as a particular scene or portrait they would like a painting of and sends me an email of it to [email protected] i will consider it but I have to have a feeling for it I cannot paint to order, also it may be sometime before I can get round to it, but I like to think my paintings have a home to go to rather than be stuck out of sight in my draw. I will only charge cost of frame which is usually under a tenner (from my local Wilkinsons) as I no longer sell paintings, its 4 years since I last sold a painting and that was "Winter Tramride" at an exhibition in Kenilworth. Eric

Last edited:
Thank you all for kind remarks, although I do not exhibit anymore due to my age (it takes a lot of energy and stamina chasing round galleries country wide) and at 80 I simply do not have that amount of energy, but I still love painting. Have now done 23 paintings for Forum members and have enjoyed doing every one, I especially like delivering them and meeting the member, living by myself its nice to visit people. If any one as a particular scene or portrait they would like a painting of and sends me an email of it to [email protected] i will consider it but I have to have a feeling for it I cannot paint to order, also it may be sometime before I can get round to it, but I like to think my paintings have a home to go to rather than be stuck out of sight in my draw. I will only charge cost of frame which is usually under a tenner (from my local Wilkinsons) as I no longer sell paintings, its 4 years since I last sold a painting and that was "Winter Tramride" at an exhibition in Kenilworth. Eric

That's very kind of you Eric. Hope you have a feeling for the painting I want done. I'll email you

Today I became the proud owner of one of Erics paintings. Lyn [Astoness] arranged it without my knowledge, I cant put into words how
thrlled I am. The painting is of the house I was born in, I can't stop looking at it..So a really big Thank you to Lyn and Eric.

Lynne.

thats great lynne, i know how you feel. :thumbsup: i am looking at my picture now and i cant believe how lucky i am to have it. :):):)

Lynne,

I am so happy for you that you have one of Erics paintings. How lovely of Eric and Lyn to organise this surprise for you.
Polly :)

lynne..the look on your face today when i gave you the painting made my day...it was the only thing i could think of giving you just to say thanks for being a good friend..and many thanks to eric for doing it for me.....i think he has taken a pic of it..if so eric maybe you could post it for everyone to see...:)..oops i see you already have...lol

lynnes house where she was born is the very end one next to what was the bomb peck..the building you see just after that was the rose and crown pub on the corner of hospital st and brearely street..

lyn

Last edited:
We do have some very special people on this forum. What a kind thing Lyn and Eric. The painting is lovely.

:D pol...eric did beat me to it....

lyn

Lyn, Erics too quick on the 'draw' for you........sorry about the pun - :D

Polly

the painting is amazing and moms face was a picture when she saw it dont you agree lyn?

kelly

i do kel..and i think i detected a small tear...isnt it a great feeling to make someone so happy...and its all down to you and your amazing talent eric..

lyn

Hello Eric, being a new member to the forum,its the first time i have seen one of your paintings, and i must say how good it is, well done sir. all the best formula t.

formula t , if you go to my profile page, cookie273uk, I have put 50 plus paintings in an album called Erics Watercolours painted over the last 30 years (most of them sold). Alternaitively you can click on Community at top of page, then My Albums and get to my Watercolours that way. Eric

Last edited:
hi all,

eric (cookie) came to visit this morning and brought my mom the beautiful painting of brookvale park. she had no idea he was coming and is thrilled to bits with the picture. she told me all her birthdays and christmases had come at once! another lovely painting and a very happy recipient. thanks eric :1113:

Back