• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St Phillips Birmingham Look Ups

Hi Carol - I can't do a look up for St Phillips but I found them their marriage in the March quarter of 1839: Joseph Reddall to Maria Smith.

I also checked the 1841 census and you do have the correct Joseph. His name is shown as the shortened version of Joseph - Jos'h -so it looks like Josh, but there is a Henry Reddall with them - I wonder who that is?

Judy

In the 1851 census, he is at 3 Weamans Row, but although shown as married and aged 47, his wife is not with him.

Just checked the deaths and there was a Maria Reddall who died in the March quarter of 1842 - I wonder if that was his wife?

Judy

Hi Jayell,
Thankyou for the lookup,Henry on the 1841 Census i hope is their son.
Fall name Henry Uriah Reddall born 1828.
They seem to have got married a long time after he was born,that is why
i was looking for Joseph`s age on the marriage to prove it was the same family.
Carol

Hi Judy,
Hope you don`t think i am a bit thick but i have looked on the 1851 census for Joseph Reddall born 1801 and i can`t find him,i don`t know
what i am doing wrong.
Carol

Hi Carol - I am attaching the page from the 1851 census for Joseph Reddall (HO107; Piece: 2057; Folio: 336; Page: 3).

As to Henry who was there with him and Maria in 1841, I wondered if it might be his brother as there was such a time lapse between his birth and their marriage. I have found a Henry Reddall who was born 19 December 1826, and christened on 17 February 1834 at St Phillips. His parents were William and Ann.

Judy

Hi Judy,
Thankyou very much for the Image,it is very good of you to send it me.
I really don`t know who this Henry is.
I have a Henry U Reddall in my Tree and i know his father was called Joseph,whether they are the same onesi can`t tell.
The occupation matches but in them days there were a lot of Brassfounders around.
Carol

There is a Henry Reddall baptised St Martins 1822 parents John and Maria.
The 1841 is notorious for the wrong ages so perhaps he was older.
A Henry Reddall died in birmingham 1850.

There is a Henry Reddall baptised St Martins 1822 parents John and Maria.
The 1841 is notorious for the wrong ages so perhaps he was older.
A Henry Reddall died in birmingham 1850.

the record is as follows

henry son of john and maria reddall. b.9.2.1822 chr.11.2.1822

abode banbury st. fathers occ. brass founder

Hi,I think i have found 2 of my Ancestors on IGI James and Charles Witton.
James was married in 1816 to Mary Foster at St.Phillips.
Charles was married in 1812 to Jane Walters at St.Martins.
I was wondering if anyone can look these marriages up for me please
to prove i have the right ones.
Their father was John Witton.
Thankyou
Carol

Carol.

These seem alright

Charles to Jane Walters 11 May 1811 St Martins

James to Mary Foster 08 Dec 1816 St Phillips

:)

Hi all,

I am still blocked on the parents of
Thomas Lorton born 1808/9/11...depending on the census year.
I have 2 IGI records:
Thomas b2/11/1808, Christened 6/10/1809 - parents Thomas / Ann.
Thomas christened 28/8/1809 - parents John / Alice.
Both at St. Phillips, and Shera could not find any records for me....

I have his marriage, also at St. Phillips - know it's the right one - to Martha Slater - 3/7/1826 - but there his name is spelt Laughton

From censii of his children, I know there are Irish cousins....

If anyone is going to St. Phillips and could help out by looking to see if there is any witnesses or origins details, it would super help me - as I cannot buy Certificates from where I live. :cry:

Hi all

I am after any additional information on this marriage please.

Isaac Jones & Hannah Durn 17 Sept 1854 at St Phillips, Birmingham.

Thanks
Carol

Would anyone with access to the St Phillips' records be able to tell me a bit more about the birth record of John Pickering, 11th September (chr. 3rd October) 1842 ? Father Henry, mother Ann. Particularly interested if father's trade and/or address mentioned. Many thanks.

Hi

I'll be going to the Birmingham reference library next week, i'll have a look at the records for you then.

Regards

Steve

Just trying to pull the last few bits of a puzzle together. Would be so grateful if someone could look up a marriage at St Phillips for me. James Allen to Mary Ann Evans October 13 1823. Particularly interested to discover if James Allen was a widower and his occupation/trade. Thanks very much to all.

aimac21 these records are held at Central Library they are not transcribed as yet. Hopefully someone visiting the Library will look for you.:)

Hi there.

I have been to the Birmingham Reference Library to-day and i found the baptisms of Henry and John Pickering which took place on the 3 October 1842 at St.Philips' Birmingham. Mother was Ann and Father was Henry who was a Tool maker. Their address is down as Cecill Street.

If you would like a copy of the baptism entries please I M me with your e mail address.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for that info. Quite a surprise but confirmation of what I had suspected ! Just about to IM you. Really grateful for your help.

Hi

Does anyone have access to the above marriage details for a
James Sturges/ss to an Eliza Collins 25.12.1849 St Phillips please?
IGI has an extracted record but doesn't state their fathers' names.

Many thanks:)

Suzanne

Back