• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St Bernards Grange, Sheldon

KathyP

master brummie
Does anyone have any info or photos of St Bernards Grange Sheldon before it became a pub? Think it belonged to the Wimbush family and I wonder who owned it before that. Grateful for any help

Re: St Bernard's Grange, Sheldon

Hi Kathy

All I can tell you is it was the home of Ambrose Wimbush until he died in 1935 and then became a public house & restaurant.

This photo was taken in 1920 before it was a pub.

Phil

Replacement photo
st bernards grange.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Phil ~ thats great. Family 'legend' says that my grandfathers sister, Marie Louise Southall had her wedding reception there in 1910. Groom was Andrew James Harrison and apparantly a Hungarian band played on the lawn outside. Bet that was quite a family 'do'. Kathy

Hi Kathy, The St Bernards Grange as it today 04/10/2010 spent many happy times in there at concerts etc circa late 1960`s/70`s its has been refurbished since then. Len.
Replacement photo

St Bernards Grange  04.10.2010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back