• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Some 30s - 50s photos

I lived in Varley Road 1957-1980. Born in Saltley 1957. Doubt our paths crossed, but we may have mutual friends.

Here’s a pic of my dad (the goalie). The picture was too big to go on the copier complete, so I had to do some black arts and play with the copier and size.

The text which is missing reads-

Across the top: 1st Bn. The Wiltshire Regiment. Winners of the Singapore Amateur Football Association Cup 1933.

To the left: v. R.A.F. 2-1
v. S.C.C. 3-1

To the right- v. S.S. Police 7-1
Final v. Malays 5-3

Across the bottom- F. Baker—L/c F.T. Jones—L/c J. Worsdell—J. Hawkins—J. Higgins—L/c E. Maris—L/c E. Broad—W. O. Shenton—Cpl. G. Stopher

R.S.M., R. Billings—Sgt. C. Shirley—Capt. G. P. Oldfield— Lt.-Col. J. H. Mee—2/Lieut. G. Wort—/c. R. J. Nutland (Captain) —C.S.M.E. Veck, M.M. —W.Earle—L/c. M. Haynes.

The other pic is a portrait of my dad cropped from the team pic.

Last edited:
Back