• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Snowdrops 2009

Dave,
I absolutely love snowdrops. There is no point in me checking to see if ours have come up yet, because the squirrels have had them all. Twice! I planted them 'for my dad'. A beautiful little flower, spring 'bursting out and awakening'.

Ann

Hi Dave, Snowdrops really cheer you up don't they. We have had them out for over 2 weeks now, and also Daffs. for 3 days, but then I do live on the south coast of Cornwall. I don't remember them on Soho Hill, Hockley Brook when I was a lad. I still miss the old town. Cheers, The Flying Swann.

You would have been hard pushed to find them on Soho Hill, Herbert. Are you from Hockley or Handsworth? I grew up in Handsworth on Soho Avenue, just off Soho Hill.

Judy

Hi Judy, My Dad used to say It was Hockley Brook, my Mom said it was Handsworth, sounded better. It was 27 Soho Hill, about halfway up on the left going out of town. Opposite was a church, and the crypt was our air-raid shelter. Giving my age away now.

Dave, It's blowing a south westerley today, breaking over the harbour wall. It will be a high tide in Gas St. basin tonight.

We too have had snowdrops for a couple of weeks and daffodils have been out on the Penzance by pass for quite awhile now (but they are in a sheltered position):rolleyes:

I love the spring flowers, really lifts your heart and mind for the season to come. :)

Lovely photos of the snow drops Dave...thanks for posting them. Ours will be late this year since they are under at least one foot of hard packed snow.
I bet they are out closer to the city where there is no snow except in parking lots.

Back