• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Sirens Aston 1960s 1970s. At 13.00

aston lad

master brummie
Sorry if this subject has already been posted on here, I did a search but couldn't find any thing...

I can remember a siren going off at around 13.00 every week day, when I was living in Aston/Birmingham during the 60's and 70's (I think), I never knew why it did, and where it was located, I was in Birmingham a few years back, and at one o'clock I waited for the siren and nothing....can anyone bring me up todate with any info on the siren....ta....

The answer to your question might be in the thread here
It has been mentioned in posts in other threads but they are very hard to find.

Thank you for the reply ...but the siren I remember came from within the city center or thereabouts..its wasn't what I would call a "bull" type siren, more like an air raid ...lasted around 30 seconds to a minute....., lying in bed last night trying to get some sleep when I thought about it....just very sad aren't I ........

Think also one used to sound in the Castle Bromwich area, might be the now Jaguar plant

Back