• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Silly ginger

well last time i looked at him he was ginger charlie lol lol...mind you living with me he could be grey very soon ha ha..

lyn

I had't seen this thread before but what gorgeous photo's of ginger, we really miss our cat "missy" tragically killed in a road accident.
paul

i know how you feel paul..we lost our 11 years old cat to a road accident outside our house in oct 2010..since then ive taken another 2 on...

lyn

It was even worse than that lyn, my wife had just got back from the hospital after some 7 hours in which we learned she had advanced breast cancer, "missy" was the love of her life since the boys had left, she spent hours calling her in the garden and road when a neighbour called and said she had seen a black bag near our gate with "missy" inside.
talk about tragic!!!!
paul

oh dear paul it all seems to come at once i think...have you thought of having another cat...

lyn

I would Lyn, but poor Annie was heart broken, she won't countenance it, shame really I think it would help but!!!
regards paul.

very difficult paul..but i bet if a little waif and stray found its way to your house like that 12 week old did with us last winter annie would soon take it in..maybe in time she will have a change of heart...

lyn

Very true lyn, we always had cats from when we were first married, we had two for quite a time and we had "our sammie", from 1982 to 2004, so a very long time it is strange not to have one.
regards paul.

Once a cat-person, always a cat-person in my experience. We had cats right from when we were married. When I got a contract to work in the USA for 4 years we took our two cats with us, and brought them back (at great expense) when the contract ended. In 2004 our beloved Rupert died aged nearly 19, and we swore we would never have another cat. So 2 years later our lovely black Joolz came into our lives courtesy of the Cats Protection League, and we've never regretted it. To us, life is incomplete without a cat.

Big Gee

i agree with you big gee...when we lost our vinnie in 2010 that dropped us down to having 3 cats and i swore i would never have anymore...hmmmm....3 months later ginger and the little 12 week old found us more or less at the same time...im afraid i just coulnt leave them to fend for themselves in all that snow we had so they both had the op and now i have 5 cats...must say i do feel sorry for ginger as the other 4 are female cats lol...

lyn

Couldn,t resist when i saw this pic
ginger.jpg

001-1.JPG

Couldn't resist putting this photo of my lovely Archie on here, who sadly died in January, greatly missed.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    322.5 KB · Views: 21
I am sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved pets. We had our Tabby cat for 14 years and the day before we moved house 7 years ago she went missing on my birthday. It was the not knowing what happened to her.We rang the house every day where we moved from ,put notices up in the street but no sign of her. She never came back.Then last year we had to have our beloved collie put to sleep he was nearly15. It is heatbreaking so my thoughts are with you all.

maggs as you know you sent me that pic of archie some time back and i reckon he was just as comical as my ginger..all i can say to everyone who has lost pets please try to remember the fact that you all gave them a good loving home for so many years..there are still far too many cats and dogs who are mistreated or abandoned to fend for themselves and if you can find it in your hearts to let another pet into your hearts and your homes please think about doing it...

lyn x

Lyn, have just watched the midlands news, I see the cast iron drain covers are going missing, hope you haven't got them to add to your memorobilia collection pictured with Ginger lol.
Sue

The thing about us humans is the relationship we develop with our pets, especially if like many, you have had children who have flown the nest, they tend to replace them in our minds and hearts, and so become our family. It is unsurprising that like the passing of a family member we mourn them, and miss their personality which like humans are all different, I still think of and smile over our first cat "henry", 1971-1976, he was the most lovable, mischievous, and handsome a chap you could ever meet, he could not only run up a sheer wall, but seek you out at night and lay in the most amazing ways on your lap, shoulder, even once on my head and the chair back.
paul

Lyn, have just watched the midlands news, I see the cast iron drain covers are going missing, hope you haven't got them to add to your memorobilia collection pictured with Ginger lol.
Sue

lol sue...

hi paul i agree whole heartedly with your sentiments..

Thank you Paul for your kind thoughts. Archie hasn't got the beautiful flowers around him yet because dying in January there wasn't much going on in the garden, we did however manage to get some Snowdrops for him. When summer comes he will be surrounded by the beautiful flowers I put on the thread. You are absolutely right when you say that these pets sort of take the place of children that have flown the nest, our's certainly do.

Sorry to hear about your beloved Collie Topsy Turvey and the loss of your tabby cat, it's bad enough having to have them put to sleep, but to lose them and never know what happened is, if possible, even worse.

Lyn, I do remember sending you the pic of Archie, and he does seem to enjoy doing a similar thing to your Ginger.

just taken this one of ginger...bet he is thinking..this heat it too much for me lol..

catsinsun002.jpg

Our cat "Buster" cannot understand why its turned so hot,31degs to-day, and has mad a den deep in the bush's of our garden, and wont come out even for food which is a first., love the photo of "ginger".
paul

cats are funny creatures arnt they paul...ive also got plenty of bushes at the bottom of the garden for my cats to shade in...glad you like the pic..ginger is the funniest one of the lot thats why you will see him more than the others on here...

lyn

Hope Ginger doesn't mind another cat in the thread, but here is Bella, she lives in the Yorkshire Pennines and sometimes lets me take her photo.
Bella.JPG

We have had many cats over the years, my favourite has to be Toby, the last
Siamese. He really was a handsome fella, he was nine when we had to have him
put to sleep, it broke our hearts BernardOn lookout  Toby.jpg

lovely photos bernard and phil..of course ginger does not mind sharing the thread..:encouragement:

I'm a real sucker for photos of cats - keep 'em coming! If I can ever figure out how to upload images, I'll send in a pic of our jet-black Joolz, who does not like this very hot weather and spends most of the day deep in the undergrowth.

G

003.jpg

This is Lucy letting it all hang out. Loved the pics of all your cats. As Paul said it was 32c here yesterday, and the cat's just hated it. Well, come to think of it, I wasn't that keen either.

Back