• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

shop accident

mw0njm.

A Brummie Dude
Hello.all trust me.i went shopping today and thought i would get some pickled onions.when i picked up a jar.the other jars that was piled up fell.and smashed on the floor.there was picked onions and glass everywere the woman said i will have to pay for the damage. no way i said you should have made sure they were safe. leaving the shop red faced.

Totally correct in my opinion. Indeed the shop it, could argued, failed in their duty of car to you the customer.

Hi Pete

Accidents will happen. So just relax and don't get yourself into a pickle about it:)

Suzanne

Glad you are ok, but the shop do have a duty of care to their customers and that includes ensuring goods are stacked safely so as not to harm their customers - they should be paying you lol!!!
Sue

I done that in sainsbury the other week, I wanted some vinager so had 3 bottles in my arms and was looking in the freezers at the ice cream on offer, there was a young man also looking and we got chatting about what was the best offer and as I slide the freezer top across 2 bottles fell on the floor. When the assistant came I said the young man had done it, we did have a laugh.

John,

Pickle your own like we used to do years ago. Shallots, or a very near equivalent, are available most places. The Greek white onions are almost identical and easy to grow. Not sure about malt vinegar as most vinegar here is a by-product of wine production, but quite a few people here produce the clear distilled vinegar. Then all you need is some pickling spice and a little patience! :)

Maurice

Back