• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Severn valley railway.

Virusman forgive me but I missed your post. Just had a look in and what a sad sight. Not much they could have done with that lot eh. Shame. Jean.

Hello Jean,was to be a new thread for me, did,nt know it was one still running. great old and new photo,s and a very nice thread by all concerned,
by a fluke my wife and i met people in bewdley town Friday and they told us of the steam weekend, so we checked it out and bright and early Sunday morning we were there what a day / night we had.
We got off the train which as it goes was the sir Nigel gresley that we went out on,at 11.30 pm shattered but worth every penny and the time we spent up and down and getting off here and there to share the fun at stations along the way.
The people along the line taking photo,s from every vantage point,
if i,d have known in advance maybe we could have met i assume you were there? what made it more special was it was our wedding anniversary the weather was good to us and i,m sure there must have been more people from the forum that enjoyed the spectacle,with all those steam trains of yesteryear.regards Derek

Derek great photo's and glad you had a great time. Going to take more photo's this year as they have tidied it up along the routes after the awful storm damadge that closed it for such a long time. My friend has just come through on messenger and may have a bit of good news for Lloyd. Catch you later. Jean.

Hi

What great Photo's really jealous of you
Im still croaking it will be a warm day for me.
Thank you for the Photo's

Mike Jenks

Lo Jean :) 1st 2 was Bridgnorth , last 2 was Highley :)
unfortunatly the Ship inn by the river was closed ,
we think his Wife was taken ill again :(
ragga :)
ps.... glad you liked the pics Mike Jenks .
Derek ones were good too :)

Thanks guys i was fortunate to be about on Friday as well,
i like the unusual as well,i know i know i walked into that one.
Love a photo opp though,
have loads more as no doubt have you nice photo,s lads,and probably lassies too. regards Derek

What fantastic photo's allof you. Hey we will have to get together and do pub grub one weekend. Jean.

Good idea Jean , my Wife will come along too:) If you
generate a little interest amongst the forum members
we could all have a ride on one of the trains :)

That sounds great ragga when it gets a bit warmer Will sort out when special events are on. The 40's weekend is good but gets very bursy. Bye. Jean.

I thought that too Jean , sometime in the summer ,
the Severn Valley feels & looks lovelier then .

Count me and the wife in i,ll come and stay i can bring my caravan,
i spotted a site be nice.
i,ll bring some people with me,
but i,ll have to get over the weekend i had to sleep on the train, l o l
regards Derek:sleepy:

Hello one and all on this S.V.R. thread,Interesting reading and photos.
I'm from Halesowen / Quinton area originally,but haved lived In Bewdley for the past 43 years,apart from a small spell In New Orleans,where the Mississippi river is a "bit wider" and the ferry a bit bigger than was Arley ferry.
I'm a drummer in Various Jazz & Brass bands of New Orleans music and have played In the past on The S.V.R. And obviously I've always been Interested In steam railways.
Attatched photos from "The Festival of Steam" from last weekend,March 6th-8th 2009.All taken at Bewdley Station.
Regards, Paul. :1011:

Thanks for your photo's Paul and what a lovely place to live. We spend a lot of our time in your area and watch the trains go past our caravan site at Bank farm. On a nice day I walk to the farm where you can look across at the river and the trains. Jean.

Nice photo,s Paul.
as you have probably noticed i was there as well,
fantastic weekend,like your type of music and i know a few more
on here do as well be nice to here more?
i,m sure there,s the right thread for it it or IM me
regards dereklcg.

Went to Arley station Saturday and is was so quiet and the weather was lovely. We walked to the Victoria Bridge and took a couple of photo's on the way. Went in search of a cottage for someone on the site. Jean.

Went to the Harbour Pub yesterday and a walk down to the river. These are the pet goats owned by Sandra who keeps the pub and is a member of the forum when she finds time to come on.

Hampton Loade Ferry is back in operation followiing problems after last years horrendous flooding. According to the news it has changed hands after the original owner has had to give up due to bad health. Here's wishing the new owners every success. Bet you'll be sampling it soon to get over to the pub to celebrate the relaunching eh Jean?

Mike it wasn't on the agenda this time but who know's. I quite like the unicorn on a nice day to sit outside a bit squashed inside and even myself [5ft nothing] find the ceilings very low. Thanks for that Mike. Jean.

Thanks for that Ragga and hope you both enjoyed the Unicorn. Lovely photo's from the air. Did someone take them from a hot air balloon?. :) Bye. Jean.

OOOOOPS. Do you mean that blue thing sticking out?:rolleyes:. Sorry. It's just that a hot air balloon just topped the trea at the back of us a few weeks ago. Thanks for pointing that out. Must be a bad hair day. Jean.

I agree great shots taken by Ragga,It looks like you are looking down on a model railway ! But it Is Gods Wonderful Railway.I can clearly see Trimpley Reservoir ( shot 3 ) where I helped In the construction In 1966/1967.
I have flown In a hot air balloon from the Safari Park to Stourport In August 1984..... BUT I hadn't a camera at the time ! Dooooohhhh:shifty:
Paul.

Jean I did not like to say "look for the big blue thing sticking out" but you found it all on your own!
Any one hurt in that balloon crash with the tree?

Hi Baron it just missed the top of the tree. Go to the Bank farm thread and you will see it on there. Paul we went a walk round Trimpley recently but the hill is very steep leading to it. Our friend lives there and loves the area. Jean.

Back