• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

sayings

In our family if someone poured a very weak cup of tea - it was called Maid's Water.
I remember once when I was at work and it was my turn to make the tea. As I was pouring it out from the pot someone said " Bl**dy hell that's so weak you could read the mail through that!"

"Elbow grease" Fall for that one once, was looking though the cupboard for ages.

A can/tin of compression, box of sparks, the cylinder head plane , exhaust bearing, and how about a giggling pin ?.
giggle (jiggle) pin, is the split pin at the bottom of a car gearbox. it lets leaking oil drip out on. in a radiator it it lets air out

Last edited:
And i did fall for the chippys one: hey son, get me a piece of wood a thick b' wide long.

If you happened to cut yourself my Mother would say,get that seen to or you'll have a pigs foot grow on that

Back