• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Sally

Di.Poppitt

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
Our daughter Sally came home from New Zealand when she was given a late entry to run in the London Marathon. She took it very seriously and had trained and paid a personal trainer to give her a programme of how far and when to run, what to eat - and when. She was here for a week before the 22nd April and her programme was fairly relaxed, she had a 45 minute run every other day at first and then just exercise with a medicine ball and a stretching pillow. Our little terrier Hillie ran with her, they make a great team.

She finished in 5 hours 47 minutes and she loved every minute of it, she had put her iPod in her pack to listen to music as she ran but she was so enjoying the chat with fellow runners and the crowds watching that she didn't switch on. She said the crowds were wonderful and as she had her name across the front of her T shirt they were calling her name as she ran by

We watched on TV and didn't take our eyes off the screen all day, didn't manage to see her. She had friends waiting at the finish, which was lovely for her.

She is no spring chicken either our 'baby' will be 50 this year.

Well done our Sall. We are so proud of you. XX

Attachments

• Sally Marathon April 2012.jpg
    Sally Marathon April 2012.jpg
    1,011 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
what an acheivement di....i would think that time is good by anyones standards....well done sally....

lyn x

Fantastic Di no wonder you feel proud what an inspiration Sally is well done!!

Hello Di, fantastic achievement for someone who is not a regular athlete, even more fantastic at the age of fifty. You should be proud of her and she should be proud of herself, the time is not important because it is not run under competitive conditions. The pride is earned by having the guts to have a go and finishing the course. Well done Sally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done Sally, you must be proud Di!
Although you didn't see her, I think my daughter may have, she is Sally too, and watched the marathon with her partner and his sister, also Sallie, and she said there was someone running with her shirt on, so guess that could have been your Sally! she also said that there is no way she could have run it and she is only 23!
Sue

That would be great if your Sally saw our Sall, Sue.

We are so proud of her, she ran for RNIB and when she left for NZ she had raised £2,000. Her gt grandma was blind so it was nice that the charity asked her to run for them.

Good for Sally, Di. What a great effort Sally put in. Congratulations to her and such a bonus with the funds raised for the RNIB.

I Just beat you Sally...5 hrs 30 mins
0010.gif

Only joking of course.I get out of breath just saying "London Marathon"

WELL DONE SALLY !!!!
thumbsup.gif

Many congratulations to Sally. You are obviously very proud Di, and so you should be. I never managed the London Marathon, but did do the Glasgow Marathon 4 times in the early days, and I did them with training, so to go out and achieve that, with not much training, is some going. Im glad she had a great time, as I know from my own experiences, that you meet some wonderful folk whilst doing the race. Good for her.

Back