• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

RIP DENNIS WILLIAMS

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
very sad news to hear to dennis passed away yesterday...dennis had been a member since 2010 and loved the history of birmingham...his contributions to this forum were always interesting...sincere condolences to his family and friends and now another brummie star lights up the sky

lyn

index.php (10).jpg

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that. Having recently arrived here, I had just begun to discover what a wealth of interesting material Dennis had contributed to the forum over the years. My sympathies to all who were close to him.

I think we shall all miss his contributions. He made a big effort to investigate items that caught his eye concerning Birmingham history and inform others of the results of his investigations. May he rest in peace.

I was also at KEGS Camp Hill, joining that happy throng a year later than Dennis. Always enjoyed his vivid stories of first day at school and the mischief he and his class-mates would deploy on any teacher that showed signs of weakness. Certainly wouldn't have happened with D I Thomas the history teacher and rugby enthusiast. Dennis and I must have literally shared hundreds of school assemblies but that one year difference meant that I only got to sort of know him through this Forum. R.I.P Dennis. You will be very much missed by your many friends and recipients of your vast knowledge on the Forum.

I was also at KEGS Camp Hill, joining that happy throng a year later than Dennis. Always enjoyed his vivid stories of first day at school and the mischief he and his class-mates would deploy on any teacher that showed signs of weakness. Certainly wouldn't have happened with D I Thomas the history teacher and rugby enthusiast. Dennis and I must have literally shared hundreds of school assemblies but that one year difference meant that I only got to sort of know him through this Forum. R.I.P Dennis. You will be very much missed by your many friends and recipients of your vast knowledge on the Forum.
I never met Dennis, but shared countless posts together, one of life’s characters‘. RIP Dennis.

Back