• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Remember Kayli?

There was also those compressed sherbet lollipops. A round piece of concrete on a stick, rockhard, you had to grid it away with your teeth.

Ughhh yep remember those two tone lollipops I couldn't stand them when I was a kid and I couldn't even stand the sound of my kids eating them...it was the awful grinding sound as you tried to bite them :eek: haha

Wendy

What about those 12" barley sticks , you could also get another version with chocolate running through the centre , I used to have one of the chocolate ones every Saturday from the papershop that I fetched my Beezer comic from , I loved Saturdays Beezer in one hand choc twist in the other . After that I set off to fetch the neighbours errands. The one sweet I did have a passion for was liqorice I could eat it in any form the root version , the allsorts , the wheels , the hard type , I'm only too sorry nobody bought me a liqorice selection box at Christmas, maybe this year hopefully

What about those 12" barley sticks , you could also get another version with chocolate running through the centre , I used to have one of the chocolate ones every Saturday from the papershop that I fetched my Beezer comic from , I loved Saturdays Beezer in one hand choc twist in the other . After that I set off to fetch the neighbours errands. The one sweet I did have a passion for was liqorice I could eat it in any form the root version , the allsorts , the wheels , the hard type , I'm only too sorry nobody bought me a liqorice selection box at Christmas, maybe this year hopefully
I remember mum getting on at me not to keep sucking the barley sticks until they became pointed just in case I fell and I got stabbed in the throat,(think she just wanted a bite,) love liquorice too , do you remember liquorice comforts, I used the red ones for lipstick thanks for the memories

Hi William I forgot about those yummy twisted sticks with chocolate running through and I too love liquorice all sorts. The liquorice root could be chewed and chewed haha

I remember mum getting on at me not to keep sucking the barley sticks until they became pointed just in case I fell and I got stabbed in the throat,(think she just wanted a bite,) love liquorice too , do you remember liquorice comforts, I used the red ones for lipstick thanks for the memories

Yes I do remember those comfits used to throw them in see how many I could chew at once , big mouth me

I loved the sherbet you sucked up a liquorice straw until in gummed up. When we went to Dorrington Road we used to pop in to Mortons on the Rocky Lane and get a pennies worth a sweets black jacks, fruit salad, strawberry laces and flying saucers not forgetting hubba bubba bubble gum

Back