• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Reason I havent been on for a time

Great photo's Pat and as Wendy said proud of you for staying off the fags. Think of all the money you have saved enough for a couple of visits to Istanbul. Jean.

I'll tell you a REALLY strange thing, after they had gone home on Monday I decided to have a clean up, I had had to put the glass off the bedside tables under the bed just incase he fell out of bed on them. I went to get them and noticed something else under there, only small so I got the coat hanger and fished it out. I couldn't believe it, it was a packet of Richmond Menthol with 2 missing. Were the hell did they come from??????? I don't move my bed often as it is on 2 big wooden planks to raise it off the floor at the top end because of my acid. Now it started me thinking, I done all the bedroom out about 2 years ago and had new carpet down, I know it was done last year when they came, I will have to look for the receipt for the carpets to be sure, but were the hell did they come from????? wasn't me for sure I would never have taken ciggies upstairs anyway. I must admit when I held them I did think shall I just try one to see, but it soon passed and I took them downstairs and filled the packet with water and threw them in the bin. I will let you know if I find anything out but how strange, and funny a couple of nights before that as I was walking through the lounge at the end where the door leads to the stairs I said to Tony" can you smell cigarettes"?? I had a very strong smell of ciggies, how very odd

Back