• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Piddock street hockley

Yes it is Lyn

piddock_st_showing_no_9.jpg

I have just spoken to my brother and No 9 was through the double gates and was at the back of the Drs.

Anyone remember the 'BROWNS' who lived in Piddock St.in the 40s/50s. Linda & Andrew. Andy became the drummer of 'The FORTUNES' and had hits: You've Got Your Troubles & Here it Comes Again and many others...

Sparkstopper I never knew that. I Can remember his best friend was Eddy Grew. My friend Wendy and I used to play kiss chase with them.

I have just had a look at their website and saw one of their earlier hits was Caroline, do you think it was me?? :encouragement:

Hi Carolina:
Andy is my cousin, he's now living in Worcestershire. If you go on to 'youtube' their records are on there. Caroline was the signature song for 'Radio Caroline' the pirate radio ship......They also did the Coca Cola advert songs.

Sparkstopper I also now live in Worcestershire. Here is a photo of All Saints although Andy is not on it, he may know some of them. Wendy is on the front row extreme right and I am next to her.
All Saints Christmas Panto.jpg

Carolina: Thanks for that, although the photo is not very clear, Andy lives in Broadwas on Teme and stills plays drums occasionally in various venues.
His sister Linda now lives in Sussex.

Yes I know the picture has seen better days. I have written on the back all their names and I think you can just about see the numbers on the pictures which tally up with the names I wrote.

PHILLIP..THE RETREAT AND WHEELER ST 047.JPGthis is where piddock st was...such a tiny street but just a grassed area now...the shop you can see in between the 2 trees is on the corner of ford st..

lyn

Carolina: Just had a word with Andy: Yes, he remembers Wendy Hayward & Carol Jones(is that you)..and the 'antics' in the Shoe shop doorway!!!!!!!!on 'The Flat'.
He sends his regards.

No it was Wendy Jackson and Carol Taylor both of Ford Street. Do you mean to tell me that Eddy and Andy were 2 timing us. Well!!! Carol Jones lived in Heaton Street.

rsz_piddock_st.jpg Great old post card pic of Piddock St, Taken from the book by John Turnbull, ( privately published)

Hi all,i came out of park rd, and I well remember the Bookies at the top end of Piddock st, by the cattle end, I used to take bets to a rather seedy man hanging around one of the entrys, does anyone remember the railway horses coming down the cattle from the goods yard turning into Piddock st? very often they would lose their grip on the wet cobbles and bolt with fright,Regards eddyjay

hi eddy nice memories from you...until i started my family research i didnt realise that piddock st was so close to the railway
lyn

Back