• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

PEACOCK FAMILY

They appear to have a son (John Henry) and a daughter (Sarah) before Lily possibly dies in 1915.

John Henry marries Elizabeth Evelyn Dutton and has 2 daughters.

Sarah marries Frederick S Knight but doesn't appear to have any children.

Thank you MWS for your info, and, taking the time and trouble to reply. It's my mistake for not been clearer, I should have said, I was looking for info before the marriage of John Henry Peacock in 1903, as there is no trace of his birth in 1882 (or near it, that's if he came from Bham or Aston ) as that's his age given on the marriage certificate. He or his family are not on any census, and he is missing on the one in 1911, but his wife is there. He died in 1960 after marrying again in 1924 in Stratford on Avon. Once again thank you for your time and trouble, and sorry if I mislead you.

No probs.

On the 1939 register he gives his dob as 2 Oct 1882 and the most likely birth registration in England/Wales (only match) is a John Henry Peacock, Dec qtr 1882 Huntingdon.

He is the son of John Peacock & Eliza Hall. He appears on the 1891 & 1901 census but can't see him on the 1911 census like yours (coincidence?).

There is a John Peacock born in Huntingdon on the 1911 census living in Stibbington (which is Cambridgeshire).
The problem is we seem to have several different names for his Father although Mother is Eliza. 1901 his Father is James but in 1891 it is John and, if I have the right entry, on his marriage cert in 1909 to an Elizabeth Close it is Thomas.

Last edited:
The John Peacock that marries Eliza Close is a different one born a couple of years earlier. He moves to Bradford.

I think the James is an error (for the father), as well as the other censuses he's listed as John on marriage registraton to Eliza Hall.

The John Peacock that marries Eliza Close is a different one born a couple of years earlier. He moves to Bradford.

I think the James is an error (for the father), as well as the other censuses he's listed as John on marriage registraton to Eliza Hall.
Thanks again MWS for your info, I had ruled out that John Henry as I had been lead to believe he was born in Aston. But now I have your info there are a few things that tie in, although tenuous First, I know John Henry's father was John Peacock from John Henry's marriage certificate, also, his father, John was a labourer, both match the one in Huntingdon. and when he married Lily Earl in 1903 they had a daughter Sarah the same as his sister, although his wife's mother also was a Sarah. I only needed John Henry's trade to be a Blacksmith and I would be 100% confident. I suppose he could have changed his job because, on his son's marriage in 1939 he has become a chimney sweep, but It is another avenue to follow, so thank you for putting me on the track. Why is family history so complicated at times? I do agree that James on the 1901 is a spelling mistake. Thanks again for your time.

There is a John Peacock born in Huntingdon on the 1911 census living in Stibbington (which is Cambridgeshire).
The problem is we seem to have several different names for his Father although Mother is Eliza. 1901 his Father is James but in 1891 it is John and, if I have the right entry, on his marriage cert in 1909 to an Elizabeth Close it is Thomas.
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. I agree with MWS that I think the one you mention is a different John Henry Peacock to the one MWS found. I maybe a little closer to finding my John Henry, but still needs more proof. But thank you again for your time.

Back