• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Outlook - can't sign in

Big Gee

master brummie
When I try to sign in to my Outlook (Hotmail) e-mail account I get a message "Something went wrong and we can't sign you in right now. Please try again later".
This happens on both our computers here. Any suggestions, please? Thanks in advance.

G

Yes I have, on both computers. I've just been told by a visitor that he had the same problem and fixed it by changing his password, which I'll try. Thanks.

G

I constantly get this message it drives me up the wall. Or I get another message asking me to re-sign in even though I may only been signed in for 30 minutes. I never had this problem until it was changed to Outlook.

Thanks for your help, guys. I changed my password and problem solved! It seems I may have ticked a 'change password after so many days' box. I spoke too soon the other day when I said I never had problems with Outlook.......

G

Yes, you're right, but if I hadn't mentioned it to someone who visited earlier, I think I'd still be scratching my head!

G

I find Outlook a complete pain in the rear end & I have several friends who have the same problems. I get the "can´t connect you to outlook at the moment, please try later" every few minutes. Delete 1 e mail & they all disappear. Next time I sign in, they re appear including the ones I have deleted. Takes forever to open mail.
Wish we could go back to Hotmail. Never had the problems before & as I said, it´s not just me. I know I´m not very computer savvy, but the others who have the same problems are very competent users.

Thank goodness for that Carolina.
Not that I´m glad you´re having problems, but it´s good to know I´m not just being stupid.

I have given up, I lost my contacts and no matter what I tried nothing has worked. I am waiting for some of my contacts to write to me to get their address's. I now use my Tiscali mail box it is great with no spam.

Same here hate the outlook version, it tells me frequently that it can't connect me!
Toying with a g-mail account, all the kids have them and hubby too and don't seem to have the problems with them.
Sue

I use GMail in my laptop, tower, TV, and iPad and can't remember any problems. Google allow up to 7 accounts and I use two, the second one is my Apple identity in my iPad. I have an ISP email which I rarely look at but I've set it to auto forward to GMail. I get pop-up alerts in the corner of my screen when Gmails arrive and the spam filter seems very effective, and just in case Google ever fall out with me I use Gmail's 'export' to save all my contacts to a file 'contacts.csv' which can be read by any word processor or even imported into Hotmail or whatever it's called these days.

What annoyed me was that there was absolutely no indication of what the problem was, and it was fortunate that someone told me about changing my password, otherwise I'd probably still be without e-mail.

G

Back