• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

One year old today

postie

The buck stops here
Staff member
Well Folks, 12 months ago Today I took over the BHF website, for those that remember the site was in a pretty poor state and was on the verge of closing down completely.The majority of issues were of a personal nature.
Deep down I knew that the site was worth saving but at the time it was a case of not seeing the wood for the trees.After long negotiations with the previous owners , a decision was finally reached and I purchased the title.
Now, during the last 12 months I am not saying that it has all been plain sailing but overall I think we must be doing something right because the site has gone from having approx 10,000 members to nearly 14,000 members.
Financially we are on a very sound footing, as the monthly accounts show.
Now for people who need to thanked.
Firstly, Hilary, my Wife who has to put up with me spending many hours stuck to my computer and deals with the financial side of the site. A special big thank you to Warren for putting in all the hard work and keeping a watchfull eye on me.
Next, a brilliant and dedicated team of Moderators, without them , there would not be a site. It is not an easy task and its all done voluntarily and most of the time without any thanks.
And, last but definitely not least, ALL the members who make this site work with their input and caring attitude toward each other.
Here's to many more years and THANK YOU ALL.

Last edited:
Thank you JIm. It was a brave thing that you did, the site was a real mess. Thanks to you we now have what is probably the best local history site on the web. Long may it continue.

good morning jim....and a happy birthday:553:has it really been a year since you stepped in and saved this brillient history forum from being wiped out completely...seems a distant memory now...many of you will remember though the awful few months we had before jim took over and how we didnt know from one day to next if when we logged on the forum would be gone and the mountains of history stored on it would be lost forever....i for one can never repay jim and the backroom guys for sticking with it and getting us back on track..its a thankless task and has no monitary gain whatsoever for those who run bhf....and on a personel note its been my saviour for a long time now...:)

so thanks to you all for the brillient job you are doing and may bhf continue to grow from strengh to strengh...

lyn:):)

Happy Birthday! The forum is now such a great success & a tremendous source of pleasure. Thank you, Postie, Hillary, and the moderators for all your hard work.
Shirley

Wow - I had not realised a year had passed already.

Your are right Jim Moderators are vital to any forum of this type and they go unnoticed most of the time. However it is clear that without them the site could not function so a big thank you to you Jim (and your immediate back room helpers) and a very big thank you to all the Moderators who put in so much effort.

Here's to many more happy years.

How time flies when you are having fun. It hardly seems five minutes since you took over Jim. What a difference there has been made to the forum in that short time. I will add my thanks and gratitude to the many voices that will be heard on this thread to you and the rest of the team.

Phil

:wave::2623:Jim don't time fly when you are having fun. Happy Birthday to the forum for all those who help run it Jim for taking it on [and all of us] and of course to the lovely people of Brum who donate and keep the forum going with their friendly informative posts. From Jean.

I became a member a year ago yesterday so luckily I missed all the problems. I have met some of the nicest people and had
so much help with information in the last year,so I would just like to say a big Thank you to all who made this possible..
Lynne

I became a member a year ago yesterday so luckily I missed all the problems. I have met some of the nicest people and had
so much help with information in the last year,so I would just like to say a big Thank you to all who made this possible..
Lynne

What i have noticed Jim, is that the QUALITY of the people who joined in the last year is a bit iffy lol lol lol You asked for that Lynne ( you know i love ya really ) Max

Postie,

After reading your post I wasn't sure whether to say

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY - CONGRATULATIONS
or THANK YOU

so I think I will just say them all - along with a very big THANK YOU to everyone involved in keeping the site running as smoothly as it does, to the moderators who check the posts and to all the lovely people that I have met on this forum - I have never known so many people so willing to help with so many things - you are all wonderful. There is a wealth of information on this site and some wonderful pictures of Birmingham, past and present - Long may it continue!

Polly:)

Congratulations, and thank you to yourself and the rest of the team Jim.
It's a job being well done, let's hope this is the first of many more successful years for the new BHF. :thumbsup:

Thank you to everyone involved in keeping the site running.

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BHF HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU'

Ok it's safe to take your fingers out of your ears I have stopped singing now.

Linda

Thankyou Jim and missus,for all that you have done for the BHF over the past year, also thankyou to all the members for keeping it fresh and lively, and last but by no means least, a big thankyou to the moderaters, who do a cracking job keeping everyone in line!

how can i thank everyone enough for the enjoyment and interest you have given me on this site. :peace:

a million thankyou`s to jim and hilary and all the rest of the team, plus all the great friends i have made on the forum :1113: i`d be lost without you

Jim, may I add my thanks to you, Hilary, Warren and the Moderators for running the site with honesty and integrity, we have all enjoyed the benefits of the stability of the site since you took on the task one year ago, so Happy 1st Anniversary and best wishes for the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FORUM
thankyou jim for stepping in and saving this fantastic site and for putting in all the hours and hard work

thankyou to all the mods who again give their free time to make sure the site runs smoothly

and thankyou to all the members on here who have such a wealth of information to share and will happily put them selves out to help other forum members

long may this forum run

celia

Well done & thank you one & all for the great year that we have enjoyed....keep up the good work...we might not always SAY it but we all appreciate the hard work that goes into keeping this great site going. HAPPY BIRTHDAY/ANNIVERSARY everyone !!!!

Margaret.

Congratulations to you and Hilary for a job well done.
With the old crew there were lots of bickering and back stabbing. Today with Hilary and yourself at the helm,we all tow the line and behave our selves:rolleyes:
Well done to the moderators, you have a thankless task.

I'd just like to echo the sentiments of all of the above posters.
Well done Jim,Hilary and Warren and all the moderators and thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Postie. Thank you and all the people who have helped you to keep this forum up and going - it is the chatting and the reading of the posts that have kept me sane throughout the past year. Miriam.

Congratulations on a marvellous site and thanks to all the people who go out of their way to assist in every possible situation and to Jim for his great leadership. Carol

Thank you Jim & your dedicated helpers, especially for helping us who are far from home to keep in touch with our roots & make new friends,

Jean.

Thanks to everyone involve with making this such a great place to be and long may it stay. Cheers everybody

Think this sentiment has been expressed by both old ,sorry well established members :) and New ones like me ,looking forward to many more chats ,outings and memories to come ,x

Thanks Jim Hillary and Warren without your brave stance Jim we would have lost this wonderful site. Well done everyone involved old and new!

I'd also like to add my thanks to Jim and Hilary and all the 'behind the scenes' folks who keep this great forum afloat. Thanks too to all the forum members who have helped me with any queries, plus the invaluable Birmingham history information, photo's and articles they contribute.

Florence

Back