• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Old street pics..

I like this Harborne one carolina, there is some development work going on at the moment on the building in the middle, I've always called the Clock Tower?
Lovely clothes too!
rosie.

I like this Harborne one carolina, there is some development work going on at the moment on the building in the middle, I've always called the Clock Tower?
Lovely clothes too!
rosie.

Rosie I lived in Harborne for a while and still go back occasionally and still like it there.

Lovely clothes too!
rosie.

I went to a lecture about Old Brum, and someone commented on how people in the pictures always looked rather smart, the chap giving the talk said, the only people with cameras were usually professional photographers, that worked Monday to Saturday in their studios, and only went out on the streets on Sundays, when most people in those times wore their ‘Sunday Best’ clothes.
Nick

I'vr worked at Thornley and Knight a few times contracting Fashionz , it used to amaze me how they matched the colours by eye , the café was pretty good

I hadn't thought of that Nick! It would account for the men in straw "boaters" and ladies in lovely hats in some of the photos.
rosie.

Back