• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Old addresses

calibra250

master brummie
Hello all again.
Going through some more old papers of mum n dad's found some letters any info of area would be great addressed to my mother when single miss Pedley 24 ashted row Birmingham 7 was a letter from I think Minnie jukes of 14 ashted row regarding my grandmother's death.
Found some photos of soldiers unknown as yet 1 is of my uncle Tom pedley but photo is damaged don't know best way to get them onto forum help would be great regards to all martyn

Scholars leaving certificate for my mother Eva Doris pedley attended grosvenor St. Senior school dated July 1942

Map from 1950, lots of factories, close to the canal, houses look unchanged from the late 19th century...

0 - Ashted Row.jpg

And a few years later but there are some photos here...

Hello all again.
Found some photos of soldiers unknown as yet 1 is of my uncle Tom pedley but photo is damaged don't know best way to get them onto forum help would be great regards to all martyn
Are you able to scan the photos (whatever condition) and then upload? There is a section for "photo retouch".

Back