• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Newtown

I am curious why a coach from Tideswell, Derbyshire is being used. Maybe a local company hired it or have only just purchased it.

Today’s coach.

Attachments

• bedford bangers.jpg
    bedford bangers.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 17
wow some of the kids look as if they are sucking a lemon,or chewing a wasp. wonder were there going?
when we went on a trip it was all smiles and cheers.
These are the children of the inner city poor. I doubt if they have been on a trip before or had a camera pointed at them. They might just be bored waiting to get on the coach!

These are the children of the inner city poor. I doubt if they have been on a trip before or had a camera pointed at them. They might just be bored waiting to get on the coach!
My immediate thought was how smart they appeared to be. Boys with ties and jackets, girls in pretty dresses, all of them dressed in their Sunday Best.

Today’s coach.
It still doesn't explain why a Derbyshire coach company should be picking up children in a Birmingham backstreet.
However, a suggestion might be that a charitable organisation in Derbyshire is taking the children to the famous 'well dressing' events that they have there.

It still doesn't explain why a Derbyshire coach company should be picking up children in a Birmingham backstreet.
However, a suggestion might be that a charitable organisation in Derbyshire is taking the children to the famous 'well dressing' events that they have there.
Judging from some of the other pictures the destination had sea lion, parrots, flamingoes, paddle boats and a small helter-skelter. Could that be Twycross zoo, (not a place I have ever been)? The trip would have been organised by Birmingham City social workers I expect and they were a mixed bunch from all over the country so might have made use of a personal connection. It wouldn't surprise me if the social workers made a contribution while at the same time letting the FSU clients take 'ownership' of the project. The object of the FSU was to support families to look after themselves not to provide 'charity' or hand-out benefits.
box30042.jpg

spargone..the lady in post 57 photo 2 is locking up st georges rectory house..the trip out has a look of dudley zoo

lyn

Back