• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Name of pub on Great Hampton Street

LucyJayne

knowlegable brummie
Hi,

Does anyone know the name of the pub on great Hampton Street opposite the Church pub?
I would be grateful for any info

Thanks
Lucy
:)

Lucy,
There's a pub just along the road 'The Lord Clifden' or up the road opposite which is 'The Brown Lion'[recently re-opened] or along from there 'The Jewellers Arms].

Bill.

There was the Lord Clifden at 34 Great Hampton Street run by the Breakspeare family in 1911 and by the Kearsey family from 1922.

Hi All,
I got this map from Mike yesterday showing whereabouts my Dad lived on Barr Street and I noticed there was a pub on the corner of Harford Street and Great Hampton street which we all know to be The Church and showing right opposite I saw another pub showing which I didn't know about so I will post the map on here so you can all help me try to figure this out :/
Help
Lucy x

View attachment 70554

hi lucy..yes i see what you mean now but im afraid that whatever pub that was more or less opposite the church tavern i cant recall ever seeing it...it may have been demolished late 50s early 60s maybe....i wonder if anyone else may remember the name of it...

lyn

Back