• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Name of pub on Great Hampton Street

LucyJayne

knowlegable brummie
Hi,

Does anyone know the name of the pub on great Hampton Street opposite the Church pub?
I would be grateful for any info

Thanks
Lucy
:)

Lucy,
There's a pub just along the road 'The Lord Clifden' or up the road opposite which is 'The Brown Lion'[recently re-opened] or along from there 'The Jewellers Arms].

Bill.

There was the Lord Clifden at 34 Great Hampton Street run by the Breakspeare family in 1911 and by the Kearsey family from 1922.

Hi All,
I got this map from Mike yesterday showing whereabouts my Dad lived on Barr Street and I noticed there was a pub on the corner of Harford Street and Great Hampton street which we all know to be The Church and showing right opposite I saw another pub showing which I didn't know about so I will post the map on here so you can all help me try to figure this out :/
Help
Lucy x

View attachment 70554

hi lucy..yes i see what you mean now but im afraid that whatever pub that was more or less opposite the church tavern i cant recall ever seeing it...it may have been demolished late 50s early 60s maybe....i wonder if anyone else may remember the name of it...

lyn

Back