• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

My Wife Marion.

barrie

master brummie
My wife Marion passed away yesterday at 7am. We were in bed together, with her head resting on my shoulder, when she just stopped breathing.

We had been together for over 40 years, and Marion was my bestest friend in the whole world. She was only 60 and we always thought that I would go first, but it just wasn't to be.

Barrie.

Oh Barrie I am so sorry. You must be devastated. I am so glad Marion was next to you when she passed away. You take care and remember we are here for you. God bless. Jean.

Last edited:
Barrie, so very sorry to hear about Marion. How lovely though, to be with her to the very end. Not many of us would be that lucky.

God bless

Shortie

Barrie, I am sooo sorry to hear this news, but at least you were together at the end, God must have known that you were meant for each other.
I know it's not much consolation to you at the moment , but we are ALL here for you should you need us.
Be strong and keep the faith, Brother.
Look to the skies tonight for a new star named Marion.

Last edited:
Barrie what can I say, I am so sorry to hear the bad news My thoughts are with you at this time, You have many friends on this site so you are not a lone .
God bless
Keith

So sorry Barrie, my heart goes out to you. i am glad she was beside you and she passed so peacefully. Shera

barrie i am so sorry to hear of marions passing..please accept my deepest condolences..we are all here for you....

lyn..x.

Barrie, I am so very sorry to hear the news of the loss your wife.
Our thoughts are with you at this sad time.
Deepest sympathy
Sylvia & Brian

Dear Barrie I am so sorry to hear the sad news about Marion. It must be of some comfort that you were together at the end. We are here if you need us. Wendy x

Barrie, Bless So Sorry to read about your loss .. my thoughts are with you and the family .. Roberta x

I am so very sorry to hear your news Barrie, but you have 40+ years of happy memories to keep you strong. We are all thinking of you at this difficult time.
Lloyd.

So sorry to hear about your sad loss of Marion, our thoughts are with you and your family - Miriam and Al.

Barrie I am so sorry. I can't imagine the pain that you are going through? The thoughts of your forum friends are with you. Mabz

Barrie,
I am so very, very sorry to hear your sad news. Be strong and know we are all here for you when ever you need us. God bless both you and yours.

Barrie, so sad to hear your dreadful news, you have my sincere condolances. Best wishes to you and your family at this sad time. George.

Back