• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

My Dad

yogimon

master brummie
My dad was real joker. He would say to me when i was a child. " go and have a look in the garden to see if i'm there" I lost count of the times i went and had a look, came back and said "no dad i cant see you". My dad passed away in 1981 but his sayings still live on today, like " here's twopence go to the shop and fetch me a bottle of cake, or a loaf of milk..These memories keep my dad alive in my heart

Yogimon, they are lovely memories to keep, my dad does the same with the loaf of milk and bottle of bread, must be a brummie thing.
Sue

Good on you yogi, he'll always be there in your minds eye. Happy memories and thoughts my friend, puts a smile on your face.

So was my dad, a real joker, especially when young, he would ask friends \i brought home, " fancy a banana?, when they said yes would say pop down to Wrensons and get one will you!!", he passed away in 1998, I have a last card from my Birthday in which he always wrote, even when I was in the Army, "Keep smiling son!!, it dos help you know", still miss him loads.
paul

Back