• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Moseley, Skirt Street

Lady Penelope

master brummie
Has anyone heard of this Street please? It may have been misheard/misspelled as I can't find anything so far on the 1841 census.

I have a burial entry from 1844 for Kezia Collins, Skirt Street, St Mary's, Moseley. I have found her baptism entry in 1795 at St Mary's Church, Whittall Street. She was baptised with her (twin) brother Edwin. Parents Thomas and Jane Collins.

Thank you.

I think this is the 1841 entry but just listed as Balsall Heath - no road named.
1641736345538.png

Looks as if road had gone by the 1860s so having trouble finding a map.

There's a lot of railway lines at the Highgate end of Kyrwicks Lane on the 1889 map. I wonder if Skirts Lane was a victim of expansion?

Assuming it's the right one.

Back