• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Moseley Golf Club Kings Heath

Their website says the current course was designed in the 1920s so it must be the same place. I can see trees on the course from the end of our road.

Just edited post #2 as there is a Springfield Road Moseley but the golf club is Springfield Road Kings Heath (less than 2 miles apart).

Sign at the entrance
1621639491782.png
Clubhouse looks to be much larger - can't see it from Streetview so am not sure if any of the 1936 building remains. Although on overhead view it looks as if it might.

Last edited:
Their website has this view

Looks very much like the clubhouse in post #1 Janice. It was built in 1926.

Thanks for the additional information Janice. Viv.

I wonder if it might have been built around 1936.
1916 map has Billesley Hall where the clubhouse is now although the land round is marked as a golf course. On earlier maps Billesley Hall is marked as Billesleyhall Farm and I am sure I read somewhere that the farm land (or some of it) was sold to the golf club.
1621641495589.png
1937 map shows the clubhouse
1621641461368.png

Sorry Janice I edited my post before you posted again as I realised it gave the date of the clubhouse in your link under the ‘Clubhouse/History’ page. Yes it seems the land was bought off Billesley Farm according to the history below. Sounds like some of the older buildings still exist. Viv.

E7D0301F-B09B-4B50-AB67-46872688F5F9.jpeg

I didn't read that far earlier today so I must have either read it earlier when looking at the history by where we live or read it in one of the books I have on the area.
Glad we got that sorted though.

Back