• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Moseley Golf Club Kings Heath

Their website says the current course was designed in the 1920s so it must be the same place. I can see trees on the course from the end of our road.

Just edited post #2 as there is a Springfield Road Moseley but the golf club is Springfield Road Kings Heath (less than 2 miles apart).

Sign at the entrance
1621639491782.png
Clubhouse looks to be much larger - can't see it from Streetview so am not sure if any of the 1936 building remains. Although on overhead view it looks as if it might.

Last edited:
Their website has this view

Looks very much like the clubhouse in post #1 Janice. It was built in 1926.

Thanks for the additional information Janice. Viv.

I wonder if it might have been built around 1936.
1916 map has Billesley Hall where the clubhouse is now although the land round is marked as a golf course. On earlier maps Billesley Hall is marked as Billesleyhall Farm and I am sure I read somewhere that the farm land (or some of it) was sold to the golf club.
1621641495589.png
1937 map shows the clubhouse
1621641461368.png

Sorry Janice I edited my post before you posted again as I realised it gave the date of the clubhouse in your link under the ‘Clubhouse/History’ page. Yes it seems the land was bought off Billesley Farm according to the history below. Sounds like some of the older buildings still exist. Viv.

E7D0301F-B09B-4B50-AB67-46872688F5F9.jpeg

I didn't read that far earlier today so I must have either read it earlier when looking at the history by where we live or read it in one of the books I have on the area.
Glad we got that sorted though.

Back