• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Moore.

Mudpie77

A Good Brummie
I wonder if anyone could tell me if any of the following are in the 1901 Census for ASTON ?

As I am looking for the following :-

George MOORE. [ age in 1901 - 26 ] Born: Birmingham 1875.
Frank MOORE. [ age in 1901 - 25 ] Born: Birmingham 1876.
Albert MOORE. [ age in 1901 - 20 ] Born: Gloucester 1881.

There are quite a few George Moore's n the 1901 born around this time. have you any other info? Occcupations, parents names?

Suemalings.

I am not surprised that there are quite a few George Moore's in the 1901 born in 1875. I only have 'Hairdresser' in 1891, for George.

I have no occcupations, for Frank or Albert.

All three's parents were Benjamin and Martha MOORE and they married in June 1871 at Tewkesbury.

And George, Frank, and Albert may have stayed with their brother Arthur at 33 Bourne Road in Aston.... see:
https://forum.birminghamhistory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=20197

Last edited:
1901 gladstone rd aston boarding with the gilson family

george moore 27 hairdresser b. bham

1901 sampson rd north bordesley bham

frank moore head marr. 26 hairdresser b. bham

no wife with him :rolleyes:

nearest i can get with albert moore is in brougham rd portsmouth

albert moore boarder 21 single. musical director b. gloucester

the last one looks a bit more promising now ;)

1901 benjamin moore 50 musician own acct at home tewkesbury glouc

martha moore 51 b. tewkesbury glouc.
emma 24 dressmaker b. bham
martha (dr in law) marr .24 b.bham
arthur b grandson 6 mths b. bham

i presume this is franks wife and son :)

In all the excitement of your finds 'Shera' for me, I failed to say thank you very much indeed.... Thank you.

These three references you have given me look very, very promising.

Last edited:
Hi Folks,

I need some further help with my research into to family MOORE and I do hope someone can help me.

I am trying to connect ERNEST MOORE and LILY BALLER
to the Moore household at 33 Bourne Road, Aston in 1925.

So can anyone look up the wedding of ERNEST MOORE and LILY BALLER ?
It may have been 1920 or 1925, but the address for Ernest should be 33 Bourne Road, Aston.

Anyone with a Magic Wand ?

Thank you for the information :)

So Ernest Moore marriage Lily Baller in 1925.
Sometime between April and June 1925, at Birmingham North 6d 920.
That might well be Erdington then.....

Hi....My mother was a Moore....Born in 1929....to Frederick and May....Birmingham,England.....There were I understand,12 children in all....My mother has passed on....and I'm sure most of her brothers and sisters by now....Albert was one of her brothers....Her name was Winifred.I would LOVE to find my English family...as I am over here in USA.I know some of the other brothers and sisters..but not all. Are you a Moore? lol...maybe MY family? Many thanks for reply or any help you could give me to find even my cousins. JJ

Hi Ladynoles

There is one in 1929, was your mother --

Winifred I Moore, mmn Ling, 2nd qtr 1929 Birmingham N 6d 542

mmn = Mothers Maiden Name

Between 1926 and 1930 there was four, one I, two E's and one V as middle name. Siblings of the Winifred above are, all mmn Ling, big breath --

Charlotte 2nd qtr 1917 Birmingham 6d 281
Albert J 1st qtr 1919 Birmingham 6d 263
Harold 3rd qtr 1921 Birmingham 6d 380
Florence H 1st qtr 1923 Birmingham 6d 318
Ethel L 4th qtr 1924 Birmingham N 6d 482
George 4th qtr 1926 Birmingham N 6d 482
Winifred I
Kenneth 3rd qtr 1932 Birmingham S 6d 319

Can't see anymore at the moment, i have looked for the marriage but as yet cannot find Fred and May

bren

Found 'em --

Frederick W Moore/May Ling 4th qtr 1912 Birmingham 6d 36

Two more births --

Alfred F 3rd qtr 1913 Birmingham 6d 369
Elizabeth M 3rd qtr 1914 Birmingham 6d 398

bren

Births --

May Ling 4th qtr 1892 Birmingham 6d 91

Frederick William Moore 1st qtr 1888 Birmingham 6d 28

Let us know if this is the correct family and we can then look for the marriages of their children and perhaps their children.

bren

There were quite a few "Moore's" in the Aston area at this time.
My Friends family 'Moore' were originally from Tewkesbury, Gloucester.
So can you tell me the origin of your Moore family, or have you not got that far yet ?

I am still seeking further information on ERNEST MOORE and LILY BALLER, who lived at 33 Bourne Road, Aston in 1925.

What would be really good is the actual church used in the marriage of 1925 apr-jun birmingham north 6d 920.

Hi Folks,

As I said, I am still seeking further information on ERNEST MOORE and LILY BALLER, who lived at 33 Bourne Road, Aston in 1925.

Would anyone happen to know what actual church that was used
in their marriage of 1925 ? [ April - June Birmingham North 6d 920 ]

Back