• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Marlborough Park (Recreation ground)

ALB10N

master brummie
Easy or not?

Where is Marlborough Park?

I thought this would be easy to find, but even living almost on top of it, i didn't know where it was... An email to Birmingham City Council came back suggesting that it's located in Swindon.... Even though it's listed as a Birmingham park!

So,... Do you know where it is? I do,... Now. lol ;)

My son lives in Marlborough road and I believe there is a grassy are close by but not sure if it was once a park?. It is by Castle Bromwich Hall and Gardens.

Nope..... Not by Castle Brom.... Nor is it adjacent to Holder Road / Coventry Road..... That's what i found when i looked for it on the site.

There is a Marlborough Grove off Blakesley Road, Yardley and a Marlborough Road off 363 Green Lane, Small Heath, I wonder if it is anywhere near these spots. Must confess I have never heard of it either.

Marlborough Park is off Stoney Lane on the l/hand side going towards Stechford, the road is Folliet Rd and leads to Folliet Fields and the Marlborough Cricket Club plays there. Len.

Neither of those either, i'm afraid.... Not far away though.... It is in Yardley, but i've always known it by another name. Nearly everyone i've talked to about it, says "That's not Marlborough park/rec,... That's so-and-so park....

Now all you need to do is name each park in Yardley. :D

Sedgemere Rd Park, Yardley, 5 a side pitchs, tennis courts and social club, Moat Lane, park/rec/hollow don`t know its official name. Len.

Last edited:
Just down the road from the Blaksley pub now defunct entrance in the same road as Blakesley Hall. Went there a couple of times when going out with a girl who lived in Homlea Rd. Dek

You got it Col..... Everyone i talk to knows it as "Blakesley Park" (Blakesley school park, etc).

It baffled me as to why someone from the council didn't even know where it was. :)

Marlborough Rec was known as The Dell and is located at the rear of Stuarts Road and behind Blakesly Hall School.
Blakesley Hall Rec is behind Blakesley Hall and used to be the Parks Departments own social club. Others parKs in Yardley include
Oakland REC - wASH LANE
Yardley Old Park
kents Moat Rec
Gilbertsone Rec
Sheldon Rec (sometimes known as Lyndon End)
KGV (Now Sheldon Country Park)
Lyndon Barn ( In solihul)
Newbridge Farm
The Radleys
Mackadown Lane Rec
The sportsground in Sedgemere Road used to be the Municipal Sports Ground.
Sycamore Rec/Batchelors Farm/Morden Road?Richmond Rec (4 parks between the Cole and Bordesley Green East)

Back