• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mainwaring William

Scrumper

proper brummie kid
Hi, FamilySearch shows my gt gt grandad in 1861, but I can't find the record on Ancestry.co.uk to find the others on the census :disgust:

Name:
Wm Mainwaring
Event Type:
Census
Event Date:
Relationship to Head of Household:
Head
Birthplace:
Dudley, Worcestershire
Schedule Type:
Household
Registration District:
Dudley
Sub-District:
4 Dudley
Ecclesiastical Parish:
Parish:
Dudley
Residence County:
Staffordshire

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone is on familysearch they're usually on ancestry (though not the other way round). And you gave all of the info so that implies a transcription error. So on the 1861 (England) census I entered the registration district as Dudley, tick exact, first name Wm and born 1836, tick exact, and up he came.

When someone doesn't appear who you think should be there most times it's a matter of using different combinations of the info you have.

Actually FamilySearch is wrong as well, the record you found is on Sub-District 8, FamilySearch says it's Sub-District 4. I looked through the whole of Sub-District 4 on Ancestry!

There seems to be a lot of transcription errors on Ancestry.

Back