• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

lodge road tram terminus

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
nice pic of lodge road tram terminus..dated 1940s...but which lodge road is it..im sure one of our tram experts can help with this one...

lyn

Lodge20Rd20terminus201940s.jpg

well i only know of one lodge road and thats the one in hockley but i dont think its that one..shame we cant see the name of that pub..

I think the picture is miss-titled. The no 32 tram went down Lodge road, then Foundry road and the tracks finished just past the end of foundry road in Victoria St, as seen on the map below. The route finished in 1947. This would make the pub the Railway Inn , listed as on Wellington St on the corner of victoria st. On the present day view the bridge looks similar at https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=vi...noid=5ZwRlAtbteeZNNkDziUVGA&cbp=12,88.95,,0,0 .

map_c_1921_foundry_road2C_terminus_for_trams.jpg

Good call Rupert.
Lyn
It is in Victoria , or now apprently Vittoria st. , about where the tram lines ij the road end on the map. Taking the GE 1999 image rupert mentioned ,I have marked the position of the tram in blue. Also a picture of the pub, victoria/vittoria st to left, wellington road to right

Winson2BGreen2BWellington2B2BSt2BRailway2BInn.jpg

Google_railway_inn_wellington_st_aerial_view_1999_with_tram_position.jpg

The 32 was always kinow as the Lodge Road tram although it went on further to terminate in Victoria Street inside the triangle of railway lines which make up the Soho junctions. The was one of the routes which had trams with bow collectors instead of trolley poles.

Back