• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Lodge hill cemetery map

anitaszaban

master brummie
Hi, I’m wondering if anyone has a map of lodge hill cemetery ?
I need to find a way of finding some graves .
many thanks

If you use the magnifying glass (top right) and search "lodge hill cemetery" you will find a thread. Included in it is a map.
There may be more than one but post #107 definitely has a map.

Hi, I’m wondering if anyone has a map of lodge hill cemetery ?
I need to find a way of finding some graves .
many thanks
I emailed lodge hill cemetery about a grave plot and they got back to me really quickly with the details and a map. You can also find out yourself for a fee of £10 online (I found this out recently). You can see a copy of book with details of grave plot etc. I have emailed again about repairing the headstone and not heard back yet. Been a few weeks now. I can share map if you need it still. Thanks

I emailed lodge hill cemetery about a grave plot and they got back to me really quickly with the details and a map. You can also find out yourself for a fee of £10 online (I found this out recently). You can see a copy of book with details of grave plot etc. I have emailed again about repairing the headstone and not heard back yet. Been a few weeks now. I can share map if you need it still. Thanks
Nicola, I had 2 different experiences with Lodge Hill over the last 3 weeks, the first time I rang asking for info of where my cousin was buried was told well that will take me ages to find so I will get back to you, after 2 weeks I rang saying I hadnt heard anything and a different lady answered and within 30 seconds gave me what I wanted. I would ring again

Nicola, I had 2 different experiences with Lodge Hill over the last 3 weeks, the first time I rang asking for info of where my cousin was buried was told well that will take me ages to find so I will get back to you, after 2 weeks I rang saying I hadnt heard anything and a different lady answered and within 30 seconds gave me what I wanted. I would ring again
Hi Carolina, I emailed again today. I have emailed about 3-4 times now. Phoned twice. I’ll try again tomorrow. It’s funny because my first experience was so positive. I was really impressed. Thank you very much.

Hi Rosie,
I used a link on lodge hill cemetery website. It took me to a page where I could look up the names of my relatives and if I wanted to pay £10 I could see details of the date of the funeral, who carried out the funeral. The grave plot number was there too. I was quite impressed, but I think you can get plot numbers for free if you ring or email.

Sorry to sound stupid but I’m looking for a grave I’ve got grave/plot number but doesn’t seem to be on map?
It’s not stupid at all. I went to Lodge Hill and I knew it was in a certain section (number 39) then I went along the graves and had to look at numbers on the headstones as most have numbers on the back. The number of grave isn’t on map. I followed graves then got confused because the grave I was looking for was lying flat but noticed I was near so looked at names. Hope that makes sense.

To make you feel better, the only reason I knew about numbers on the back of headstones, was because I emailed the Cemetary to find out the grave plot number and they told me. I wouldn’t have known otherwise.

I have a question. What does the LB mean on the cemetery map? I know RC means Roman Catholic. My map is slightly different and not hand drawn, but has LB on too. Thanks

I think LB might mean "lawn burial" which is a grave with no marker or just a headstone. I looked on their website and it doesn't explain but I'm sure I read it somewhere. One of "mine" is in a plot marked like this and she has a vase but no headstone.
rosie.

I think LB might mean "lawn burial" which is a grave with no marker or just a headstone. I looked on their website and it doesn't explain but I'm sure I read it somewhere. One of "mine" is in a plot marked like this and she has a vase but no headstone.
rosie.
I think you may be right with that. I know that Witton Cemetery had an area designated for lawn Burials. A headstone only, no kerbs or separate vases etc. The thinking was to help the ground staff run the lawnmowers over the plots.

rosie.
Hi Rosie,
Thank you, yes that makes sense. It is just a headstone. It is strange because when I visited the cemetery I did feel like I was ‘stepping’ on the graves. No markings as grass has grown over. Thanks again.

Who do I email or contact to find this information out please.
I looked up Lodge hill cemetery online. The links have kindly been put above. When I first emailed asking for the grave plot numbers with just their names, I got a quick response with numbers and a map. Then the next time I emailed with another enquiry it was not so quick. I had to ring a few times then I managed to speak to someone who was very helpful.

I think you may be right with that. I know that Witton Cemetery had an area designated for lawn Burials. A headstone only, no kerbs or separate vases etc. The thinking was to help the ground staff run the lawnmowers over the plots.
Thank you. All makes sense now. It was bugging me.

My grandparents are in plot 16, those are just grassed areas where ashes are scattered, just trees and defiantly no headstones etc , we’ve put plaques next to the trees, other people have tied things to trees , hope this helps, I do have a photograph I will find

Anyone know how to find location of burial number 157774 at Lone Hill Cemetery? Thx

Anyone know how to find location of burial number 157774 at Lone Hill Cemetery? Thx
I know when I was looking for a grave I had a section number and the grave number, for example 39 was the section. Then I went to the cemetery and had to go to that section and find the grave number. It’s quite a good cemetery for section numbers etc, so if you visit should be easy enough. Is 15 the section maybe?

I know when I was looking for a grave I had a section number and the grave number, for example 39 was the section. Then I went to the cemetery and had to go to that section and find the grave number. It’s quite a good cemetery for section numbers etc, so if you visit should be easy enough. Is 15 the section maybe?
There is a map on this page.

Back