• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lodge hill cemetery map

Who do I email or contact to find this information out please.
I looked up Lodge hill cemetery online. The links have kindly been put above. When I first emailed asking for the grave plot numbers with just their names, I got a quick response with numbers and a map. Then the next time I emailed with another enquiry it was not so quick. I had to ring a few times then I managed to speak to someone who was very helpful.

I think you may be right with that. I know that Witton Cemetery had an area designated for lawn Burials. A headstone only, no kerbs or separate vases etc. The thinking was to help the ground staff run the lawnmowers over the plots.
Thank you. All makes sense now. It was bugging me.

My grandparents are in plot 16, those are just grassed areas where ashes are scattered, just trees and defiantly no headstones etc , we’ve put plaques next to the trees, other people have tied things to trees , hope this helps, I do have a photograph I will find

Anyone know how to find location of burial number 157774 at Lone Hill Cemetery? Thx

Anyone know how to find location of burial number 157774 at Lone Hill Cemetery? Thx
I know when I was looking for a grave I had a section number and the grave number, for example 39 was the section. Then I went to the cemetery and had to go to that section and find the grave number. It’s quite a good cemetery for section numbers etc, so if you visit should be easy enough. Is 15 the section maybe?

I know when I was looking for a grave I had a section number and the grave number, for example 39 was the section. Then I went to the cemetery and had to go to that section and find the grave number. It’s quite a good cemetery for section numbers etc, so if you visit should be easy enough. Is 15 the section maybe?
There is a map on this page.

There is a map on this page.
I have no idea if its 15 or not, l live in Los Angeles and my aunt is buried here but no idea where, she died in 2002, the cemetery people don’t respond l asked how to get a gravesite pic but no answer. If anyone knows how do let me know!
PS thanks a million NicolaHughes for responding!!

I have no idea if its 15 or not, l live in Los Angeles and my aunt is buried here but no idea where, she died in 2002, the cemetery people don’t respond l asked how to get a gravesite pic but no answer. If anyone knows how do let me know!
PS thanks a million NicolaHughes for responding!!
I’m happy to help you. I don’t live in Birmingham unfortunately, but I go occasionally. If you are happy to, put her name on here I’m happy to search. I do a lot of ancestry so I have got good at finding graves. I’m sure one of the locals can help too. The cemetery do take a long time to reply unfortunately. I started emailing every day at one point. Thanks Nicola

I’m happy to help you. I don’t live in Birmingham unfortunately, but I go occasionally. If you are happy to, put her name on here I’m happy to search. I do a lot of ancestry so I have got good at finding graves. I’m sure one of the locals can help too. The cemetery do take a long time to reply unfortunately. I started emailing every day at one point. Thanks Nicola
That would be so awesome!!! Thanks for anything you can do! Here are some details, ask me pls if you need more, anytime!
Best regards, Lon

Attachments

• E06D7542-3D2D-4873-AD4F-81F964A05C6A.png
    E06D7542-3D2D-4873-AD4F-81F964A05C6A.png
    395.2 KB · Views: 17
0BC73FC6-9592-44D0-B38C-4FA6BFDF0E80.jpeg
I found her. You need to pay to see more details unfortunately. She’s under Eliza Ullah. Go onto Birmingham burial records. You should be able to do it from America.

Amazing. I have paid for details of family members a couple of times and it’s quite informative. Thank you.
I need your help with this, it shows she was cremated but does that mean there is no headstone or plaque , so there is nothing to see at the cemetery? I’m not familiar with all this but with your expertise maybe you can shed some light on this, would be so much appreciated! I’m new to this. Thanks for anything you can tell me. Pls see attached.

Attachments

• 189CA370-DC5A-4C41-909E-5EF0370C16E3.jpeg
    189CA370-DC5A-4C41-909E-5EF0370C16E3.jpeg
    564.6 KB · Views: 10
I need your help with this, it shows she was cremated but does that mean there is no headstone or plaque , so there is nothing to see at the cemetery? I’m not familiar with all this but with your expertise maybe you can shed some light on this, would be so much appreciated! I’m new to this. Thanks for anything you can tell me. Pls see attached.
It depends if any family paid for a plague I believe. Maybe if she had children they would have done. If not maybe no plague or memorial. Sometimes people can’t afford headstones so buried people don’t have headstones either. These can be done later. Hopefully the Cemetary can confirm if a memorial. I’m not sure if memorials are recorded anywhere, probably not the same as a grave. Sorry not very helpful.

Back