• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Lloyd’s Bank/TSB Great Hampton Street.

brianthelion

master brummie
So that’s it the doors are shut, cash machines boarded up and all signage removed. Please God this beautiful building will be retained as is.
Removal of things has revealed Lloyds Bank engraved windows. Hopefully I will be granted access to take photos of what’s worth saving (but might not get saved!).
Love the stone beehive carving high up (The original Lloyd’s trademark/logo).
News soon of a very exciting find in an empty JQ building but can’t reveal any more just yet.

is that the bank building on the corner of wells st...if so i dont think its been a bank since at least 2008...

lyn

ahh yes sorry brian i got the wrong one...this was our mom and dads bank for many years..dad always walked to it to sort out the household accounts once a week..staff were very upset when they heard dad had passed away in 2013...such was his jovial character

lyn

I was just going to say that's the bank in front of the Spears factory in the other thread. Funnily enough that was one of the banks I did some work in.

Back