• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Len Copsey R.I.P.

Thank you Paul for posting the details of your Dad's funeral hopefully some will be able to attend. Those of us who can't will raise a glass on Monday for a dear forum friend who helped so many of us. Condolences to you and all the family. R.I.P Len you will be sadly missed.

Hi Paul thanks for posting the details at this difficult time, as you know I`m not able to be there on Monday, but will be thinking of Carol yourself, Family/Friends on Monday, I will have a Tot in Memory of Len when I arrive in Scotland.

[The funeral is on Monday (9th January 2012) 12:15pm at Yardley Crematorium, we're having a collection for the British Heart Foundation, Stroke Association & Cancer Research in lieu of flowers, and going back to the Sheldon Heath Social Club after. Hopefully some fo you will be able to make it.[/QUOTE]

Hi Paul ,

Thank you for posting details.

Unsure if you are aware that announcements placed in Birmingham Mail , can automatically be viewed online.

If any of you wish to light a candle for Len this can be done by visiting website
Iannounce https://www.iannounce.co.uk/

Type in Leonard ( and his surname ) in search box to read obituary , then light candle or leave a message if you wish. (The message will not appear immediately)

Rest in Peace Len.

Bo
xxx

I attended an Len’s funeral yesterday. It was appropriate in that it summed Len up , in that he was a kind caring person who would try help all he knew. It was a moving ceremony. Enlightening , thought provoking , sad,yet many of us smiled . Some sang to the final song J
Thanks to Len’s wife Carol and his son Paul the speaker was able to capture Len’s life.

A final farewell Len. x

Thank you for posting Bojalu, I was hoping to be there....sadly I wasn't able to make it, but my thoughts were with the family throughout the day..
Rest In Peace Len.

Thank you Bo for posting. My thoughts were with Len and his family yesterday lunchtime. Although not there I was there in spirit. R.I.P Len.

Last edited:
Back