• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Kunzle Factory - did you or someone you know work there?

sundee_01

Hi there,

We are making an episode of Heir Hunters for the BBC about a lady who worked at the Kunzle factory in Birmingham in the 1950's. We are keen to speak to anyone who may have worked at the Kunzle factory, not necessarily in the fifties. Please do get in touch if you or someone you know of someone who may be able to help - either through the "send private message" facility or by emailing [email protected]. Thank you.

We are also looking for photographs of the Kunzle cake factory in the 1950s for use in our television programme "Heir Hunters". Please do get in touch if you have any useful archive images from this era - either through the "send private message" facility or by emailing [email protected] . Thank you.

One of my aunts worked for Kunzles but she died last year sadly or I am sure she would have been interested. It would have been before the 50's though, probably in the 30's.
I think she used to work in the department where they tied the (real ribbon) bows on the chocolate boxes.

She used to say that when she started working there they were told they could eat as much of the chocolate as they wanted - the novelty soon wore off and she rarely ate chocolate afterwards!

Back