• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

1950s

1. Luna

Hatton Motors

Hello, Does anyone remember a garage on Broad Street in the 1950s and 60s called Hatton Motors? (Or even bought a car from them?) It apparently sold both new cars and second hand and I think closed down in the late 60s. Thanks for any help!
  2. M

Samuel Hawkins

Trying to find out more about my grans dad, We recently found letters between him and my great-gran. His name is Samuel Hawkins, the address on the letters was Heath St, Winson Green Birmingham. Was wandering if anyone knows any information about him or any Hawkins around the same time (just...
  3. S

Kunzle Factory - did you or someone you know work there?

Hi there, We are making an episode of Heir Hunters for the BBC about a lady who worked at the Kunzle factory in Birmingham in the 1950's. We are keen to speak to anyone who may have worked at the Kunzle factory, not necessarily in the fifties. Please do get in touch if you or someone you know...
  4. T

13 Bartons Bank, Aston 1940's

Anyone live on Bartons Bank, Aston, Birmingham during 1940-1960's ? Please get in touch. Did you go to Upper Thomas Street School, aged around 75-80 ?? Who are you? see if my Mom remembers you or you remember her or her brothers? Did you know anyone else ? Betty Roberts ? The cartwright's ...
  5. T

Cyclo Gear, Aston-who didn't work there?!

Did anyone out there work ot the Cyclo Gear back in 1950-1960's ??? Seemed as though everone did when I speak to my mom & Dad! Research is on their behalf, they are both in their 70's now. Shout out if you knew them or worked their or maybe your parents/family member worked there? ask them...
  6. Thylacine

TV Advertising Jingles (1950s-1960s).

There's an old thread on this subject, which is well worth reading, but I thought it might be of interest to revive the topic. When I was a child in and around Birmingham in the 1950s and 1960s, we used to enjoy the TV advertisements almost as much as the programmes. How many old TV...
  7. T

Gower Street Boys and Girls Schools

I don't know the exact details of the school - but it has written on the back 'Gower Street Standard VI 1918'. My great-uncle is on the middle row, 2nd from right.
Back