• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

KEDWARDS James

tkedwards

Hi all - first post yay!

Im trying to find out some information about my families past. James Kedwards I believe was my grandfather and lived on Garrison Lane behind the blues ground. I know he served in Cairo Egypt in WW2 and in Italy but thats it. No regiment known or anything. Is this name familiar with anyone?

Thanks in advance

Tom

Re: James Kedwards

Welcome to the forum Tom, I can't offer any info, but I am sure that someone will find something for you.
Sue

Hello Tom - I can't help you with your question but I just wanted to say welcome to the forum :adoration: Just out of interest if James kedward is your grandfather is that as far back as you know - I mean do you know your Great Grandparents names? If not I am sure there are people on here that may be able to help you.

hi tom and welcome.

theres a james a kedwards living 6 back 50 leopold st. in 1947 with marshal t. kedwards, harold kedwards and mildred e kedwards
and in 1950 james a kedward and lottie m kedward living 5 flat 4 east holme. next to garrison lane.

i think perhaps the 1947 family isnt the same as your james a kedward. but could be a relative

Hi all thanks for the nice welcome!!!

Shera thats really great info :) It turns out my nans name was Lottie but people called her Peg and Marshall is my great uncle!!!
Wow thats fascinating thanks so much!! Is the any way i can find out about James A Kedwards' military career? Not sure how to go about it!!
Thanks for that :)

Tom, WW" isn't on Ancestry yet, but there are some other military sites, I will try and find the links or again, someone will post them for you.
Sue

Lottie M Kedwards is at 28 Arkeley Road Hall Green in 1945, but no sign of James with her - and the previous post should have read WW2!
There seems to have been quite a few Kedwards around, Marshall being one of them, if you want more details of where he was, let me know.There was a George William, who has an Army record number and also a Christopher who is often living close to Marshall. All of the Kedwards on the electoral roll seem to have had fancier names and almost all two forenames, moved around a fair bit too.
Sue
Sue

Hello Tom,
Theres a marrage of James A Kedwards to Lottie M.Earp in Jan. 1942.
Lynne.

Hello Tom
Are you a member of Genes Reunited I was in touch with two ladies decended from Marshall Kedward 1883 who married into my family Emma Deathridge.I am sorry I can't tell you anything about your family.If you are not a member of Genes you will have to join to contact them (£9-50 I think)

Pam

Hi all thanks so much for your hard work and info! This is why I'm proud to be a brummie your all diamonds :)
Pam - who was it you contacted? See Kedward and Kedwards are different - believe it or not Ellie Kedward was believed to be the actual Blair witch!
Fortunately mine endeavours an S on the end - thus rendering me free from witchcraft!
Thank you all again what a lovely bunch :)

Tom Sorry I forgot the s they were Kedwards they were granddaughters of Frank Harvey known as Marshall 1883 who married my Emma Deathridge, who had 4 children I think Harry, Alfred, Emma and Sydney,

Pam

Back