• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Joan Sally Lloyd

jjuj

master brummie
Hi I am looking for information for Joan Sally Lloyd b 1939 - 1984 Lichfield. Marr Michael Gordon hacking 1959. The marriage failed and both remarried. I think her father was Henry Lloyd 1913-1964 b. Lichfield who married Doreen Boot I am trying to find out who her grandparents were. Her siblings I believe were Jean Stella, Christine Ann, Michael & Maurice K J.
I think Doreen's parents were Arthur Boot & Alice Edgerton !
I cannot find the parents of Michael Gordon Hacking either !

Any help would be appreciated

Everything you've written seems correct.

There is a registration for a Michael G Hacking in Manchester 1937. Freebmd lists his mmn as Hacking as well, which can mean he was illegitimate which doesn't help.

There is a birth registration for Henry Lloyd in Lichfield in 1913. Mother's maiden name was Foster. However I cannot see a marriage between a Lloyd and Foster in Lichfield. Should be able find Henry on the 1921 census.

There is an entry on the 1939 register for Henry Lloyd, married, looks like his DOB was April but the whole entry has been crossed through, however there is also Doreen M Lloyd (Lloyd crossed and Craddock entered later) born 5 April 2014
and Joan Sally Lloyd (Lloyd crossed through and Hacking entered later) born 16 Sept. 1939. All living at what looks like Bridge Cross House and Farm, Lichfield. This makes me think the females of the house were evacuated, so perhaps Henry was involved in WW2.

1939 reg has a further marriage for Joan with surname Clayton by the looks of it.
Henry's dob looks like April 1912. As males in the military were not meant to be on the reg I wonder if he was down in error - entered by Doreen as being part of the household?

There is a registration for a Michael G Hacking in Manchester 1937. Freebmd lists his mmn as Hacking as well, which can mean he was illegitimate which doesn't help.
Yes I found the same which you say doesn't help very much

There is a birth registration for Henry Lloyd in Lichfield in 1913. Mother's maiden name was Foster. However I cannot see a marriage between a Lloyd and Foster in Lichfield. Should be able find Henry on the 1921 census.
I don't have access to 1921 census, unfortunately. I cannot find a marriage for them either

1939 reg has a further marriage for Joan with surname Clayton by the looks of it.
Henry's dob looks like April 1912. As males in the military were not meant to be on the reg I wonder if he was down in error - entered by Doreen as being part of the household?
Thank you

I appreciate your input

There is an entry on the 1939 register for Henry Lloyd, married, looks like his DOB was April but the whole entry has been crossed through, however there is also Doreen M Lloyd (Lloyd crossed and Craddock entered later) born 5 April 2014
and Joan Sally Lloyd (Lloyd crossed through and Hacking entered later) born 16 Sept. 1939. All living at what looks like Bridge Cross House and Farm, Lichfield. This makes me think the females of the house were evacuated, so perhaps Henry was involved in WW2.
Thank you. That makes some sense

I now have birth cert which states his mother as Annie Hacking - no fathers name. But I cannot find Michael on 1939 census.

So, he was illegitimate then, it's not always certain with how freebmd list births.

You wouldn't see him on the 1939 register because his birth was less than a 100 years ago. People born less than a 100 years ago can be revealed by proving that they have passed away.

So, he was illegitimate then, it's not always certain with how freebmd list births.

You wouldn't see him on the 1939 register because his birth was less than a 100 years ago. People born less than a 100 years ago can be revealed by proving that they have passed away.
Thank you. I learn something new every day

Back