• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

J.F Poulson L/Cpl Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire light Infantry 1915-1919

kalli25

Brummie babby
My Great Grandad served in India from 1916 until 1918..The National roll states that he was engaged in important garrison duties at various stations in the Deccan. He holds the General service and Victory medals.
Does anyone know how I can find out more about him and what he was up to in India?

Thanks.:)

Hi Kalli, so sorry for only seeing this 13 years after you posted it! If your'e still interested, the record above has his demob address wrongly transcribed a 8 Oak Place, Sherbourne Rd. In fact the record shows it's 3 Oak place (Oak Place was a terrace of 3 houses back 26 Sherbourne). He moved in with his sister, my grandmother Eleanor Reynolds nee Poulson who was also looking after little Bertie his son, and they are there in the 1921 census, just prior to his remarriage. Please feel free to message me if you need any more info,
Cheers

Back