• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
N
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• N
      Hi Everyone, just to clarify (I have a tendency to think everyone can read my mind and they can't). The term 'Spaghetti Line' was only...
    • N
      Nothing to add of substance, except that I used the cross-city line a lot in the 70s - 80s; I was just by Northfield station and my gf...
    • N
      Thank you all. I found quite a few that might do and I'm only half way through! Plenty up for discussion at any rate. Here are a few...
    • N
      No27 reacted to SILVERFINGERS's post in the thread Needless Alley with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Most interested in your memory of Mr Hughes. I used to collect stamps from Fyfe and Grey, a shop in Union St. I am not sure if it was Mr...
    • N
      No27 replied to the thread Needless Alley.
      I remember the bierkellar as Mr Bills at the end of the 70s - was it the old Mr Sams or was that a few doors up?? We used to play at Mr...
    • N
      No27 reacted to Simonrea's post in the thread Needless Alley with Appreciate Appreciate.
      My dad used to manage a bierkeller on Needless Alley in the 70s. Anyone remember it?
    • N
      No27 replied to the thread Benacre Street.
      Yes, the 1st 2 are father and son, John Jr age 16 in 1861 and 26 in 1871, both hairpin makers. In 1881, John Jr is shown as a tin maker...
    • N
      No27 reacted to mikejee's post in the thread Benacre Street with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Interestingly there is a John Ault in the 1861 and 1862 Directories (but this was publication date and when survey was carried out is...
    • N
      Hi Mike, I see a John Ault in Sherlock St. in 1861, and then at 40 Benacre St. in 1871 - is this your line?
    • N
      Thanks for the link - these are great for the city centre.
    • N
      No27 reacted to Morturn's post in the thread Benacre Street with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Member “Southside” has not been on the forum since Nov 2020 so may not respond to your enquiry. The maps shown look like Fire Insurance...
    • N
      Hi - these plans are VERY informative - would you have any plans for nearby 26 Sherbourne Rd? Is there a site where these can be viewed...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back