• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Its Alberta’s birthday

Thank you all for your good wishes.
I have had a wonderful day with all my family, loads of balloons, buffet food and cake.

I am going to my birthplace 80 years ago in the peace and quiet of the Staffs moorlands for a few days tomorrow to recover from the noise of today:):)
Alberta

One of my gifts , the complete box set of Peaky Blinders, I can watch my beloved Thomas Shelby for ever and ever.:D:D

Thank you all for your good wishes.
I have had a wonderful day with all my family, loads of balloons, buffet food and cake.

I am going to my birthplace 80 years ago in the peace and quiet of the Staffs moorlands for a few days tomorrow to recover from the noise of today:):)
Alberta

One of my gifts , the complete box set of Peaky Blinders, I can watch my beloved Thomas Shelby for ever and ever.:D:D
have a lovely few days alberta...weather should be good...oh and enjoy the box set:heart:

lyn

Thanks Lyn, poor Steve he went pale when he saw I had 12 discs to watch. :)
I will leave them until the winter months when I can snuggle up with Tommy:D:D

would just like to wish albert and hubby a speedy recovery...as she said they went away for a few days break as part of her birthday celebrations and had to come back early as tested posative for covid she feels pretty dreadful right now...take care both and get well soon

lyn

Thank you everyone.
In recent years I have suffered clots in my lungs, sepsis, pneumonia and cancer, but this is definitely the worst I have been through
I am just able to lift my head off the pillow today, aches and pains everywhere, best thing no appetite, could do with losing a few pounds :)
Steve is feeling a bit better than me and is able to get us drinks, it must be awful for those who live alone.

Thank goodness the grandchildren are clear but their uncle my middle son and his wife have tested positive.
I think we all thought it had gone away and got a bit complacent, in the past few weeks I abandonned my mask

Thank you everyone.
In recent years I have suffered clots in my lungs, sepsis, pneumonia and cancer, but this is definitely the worst I have been through
I am just able to lift my head off the pillow today, aches and pains everywhere, best thing no appetite, could do with losing a few pounds :)
Steve is feeling a bit better than me and is able to get us drinks, it must be awful for those who live alone.

Thank goodness the grandchildren are clear but their uncle my middle son and his wife have tested positive.
I think we all thought it had gone away and got a bit complacent, in the past few weeks I abandonned my mask
sounds awful for you alberta...i have to admit to abandoning my mask of late but still use hand sanitiser....you and your family are not the only ones i have heard of getting covid quite bad so for this reason at the min i am doing the right thing by not risking holding another forum meet up...take care and get well soon

lyn x

Alberta from John the cyclist in Parker,Colorado USA

Attachments

• 1a5bfeefc2d577f98821e8acb6d0c095.jpg
    1a5bfeefc2d577f98821e8acb6d0c095.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 0
Back