• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Is this shop still standing?

sistersue61

master brummie
Hi All, have found threads about the Beehive store in Albert Street, but dad was asking is the building still there or has it been demolished?
Thanks, Sue

I am sure that the building were swept away a few decades back Sue

Mom was right then, she thought it had been demolished, I couldn't place it at all and dad didn't know!
Thanks for that Bernie.
Sue

Yes sadly another good old house hold name and land mark swept away with the so called futureistic brum
and progress they call it ; im afraid sue astonian

yes and my old friend whom was a market trader along with his sons whom whom are my nephews used to to work the markets from king standing also used to trade inside the behive selling the hand and bath and kitchen towels on the lower floor there his name was tony a little stocky guy ; i bet not mention is surname as you do not alow
but any body in there still around would recall tony and his sons ;the lads operated across the road on the ramp oppersite the behive and nelsons the clothes shop next door ;did any of you ever buy from nelsons the clothes shop i did i did meet the owner at one time after his mayor hood at edgbaston at a jewish commutity for over seas students through a friend whom was a jewish family whom ran a bussines of printers and advertising bussinees inliverpool st way back in the seventys
the name of the bussiness was goodkings ; they are very influencencual people amongest the jewish comm;
david goodking died many years back ;from a heart attack ;his wife was a very fine lady ; astonian ;

Back