• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Irving Street

maypolebaz

master brummie
My mother was born in 1917, her memory is a bit dodgy but in conversation recently, she talked about a pub across the road from from where she lived as a child,which was number 73 Irving Street.
I'd like to search for a picture of this pub but don't know the name of it and Mom can't remember.
Can anybody help ?

baz we have got 3 threads going on irving st ive posted a pic of the dolphin pub on one of them it says its in irving st edgbaston..not sure if there was more than one irving st though..

lyn

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply Lyn.
Mom allways says that she comes from Edgbaston "but not the posh bit", as she hastens to add.
I was wondering if there isn't a part of Irving St that falls under Ladywood.
I'll have a dig for a pic of The Dolphin.
Thanks again.
Baz

Thanks Bernie.
I missed that one, it must've dropped off the end of the "conveyer belt" before I got to it.
Sorry for not replying sooner.

Back